I have just tried this curry and You can also try and enjoy your main dish with this yummy curry.
I have used Channa Dal, Moong dal and toor dal, bottle gourd and some spices. I has some mango fruits brought from Udyavara. Instead of tamarind pulp a slice of mango fruit is used. It gave a good taste of sweet and aroma to the curry.
Curry powder/ Sambar powder is having a little bit of cinnamon in it. The aroma adds to the taste and helps the food to digest easily.
Dals are rich protein content and it provides good energy to our body. Bottle gourd is rich in fiber and good content of minerals and vitamins. It helps to control the blood sugar in our body.
No Onion or No Garlic is used in this curry.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :To Cook :
Chana dal : 1/4 Cup
Moong dal : 1/4 Cup
Toor Dal : 1/4 Cup
Bottle Gourd : 1 Bowl (Half of 1 medium size Bottle Gourd).
Mango Fruit : 1 Big slice
Green chilly : 2
Ginger grated : 1 Teaspoon
To Add :
Salt : As required
Curry Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Coconut : 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
Coconut Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
Method :1. Wash and cook dals separately and keep it aside.
2. Wash and peel off the thin outer layer and cut into small pieces.
3. Wash and slit green chilly, peel off outer layer of ginger and grate it.
4. Put bottle gourd pieces, slit green chilly, grated ginger and a piece of mango in a pressure cooker and cook. Let it cool down.
5.Keep a big pan on the fire and heat. Add cooked bottle gourd pieces mixture, cooked dals and salt. Mix it well. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add curry powder and a pinch of turmeric powder and mix it well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and shift the curry to a serving dish.
7. Add mustard, jeera, ingh, curry leaves seasoning done in coconut oil and add it to the curry.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of grated fresh coconut and serve. We had this curry for lunch.
Note :Use of any curry powder is optional.
Adding fruit mango pieces is optional. You can add tamarind pulp and little jaggery.
Use of any cooking oil is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.