I have used little almonds, 3 to 4 figs, a fistful of raisins, 1 bowl of walnuts (200 gr), a pack of dates.
Dates are smashed with fistful of raisins and mixed with powdered other ingredients.
No cooking on fire here. Just dry grind it and mix it well. See that dates are well ripen and it can be smashed easily.
These laddu can be eaten with breakfast, send it to kids snack box, picnics, ladies kitty party, one dish party, travelling, tours etc.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Dry roast :
Ragi/Finger Milelt : 1 Cup
Poppy Seeds : 2 Tbs
To Dry grind :
Badam /Almonds : 10 to 15
Walnuts : 200 grams
Figs : 4 to 5
Cardamom : 5 to 6
To Add :
Dates : 500 Gr
Raisins : 1 Small cup /1 fistful
Method :1. Dry roast ragi/finger millet and poppy seeds. Let it cool.
2. Dry grind walnuts, almonds, cardamoms and figs.
3. Remove the seeds from dates.
4. Take a big bowl and add dates and raisins.
5. Smash it nicely and add powdered almonds mixture, walnuts powder and mix it well.
6. Add dry roasted ragi/finger millet and poppy seeds.
7. Mix all the ingredients nicely and take a small portion of the mixture.
8. Prepare laddu by pressing the mixture in your palm.
Note :Do not add any water while preparing Laddu. You can add little ghee. (I have not added).
Walnuts helps to hold the powder tightly. Dates provide the moisture content.
Time : 35 to 40 Minutes
Shelf life : 1 Week or little more days.