They do have full of healthy properties in them. They do have the ability to regulate our blood pressure level and blood sugar level. They are gluten free and rich in fiber. They are slow in digestion and keeps you full for a long time. They are rich in vitamins and minerals.
Let us see the recipe Now :
I have used Grinder to grind this dosa batter.
Ingredients :Harka /Arka / Kodo Millet : 4 Cups
Urid whole ( white) : 1 Cup
Methi seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Avalakki /Poha /Aval : 1/2 Cup (Any Variety).
Salt : As required
Method :1. Clean, wash and soak Haraka Millet for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Wash and soak urid and methi seeds separately.
3. Soak Avalakki/Poha separately.
4. Grind it all together for 20 to 25 minutes and take it out in a big bowl.
5. Add required salt and mix it well. Leave the batter to ferment for over night or 6 to 8 hours.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and clean it with a tissue or a kitchen towel.
7. Mix the ground batter nicely.
8. Take a ladle of dosa batter and spread it.
9. Add/ Sprinkle oil on the top. Cook on medium heat. Let it turn golden brown.
10. Turn the other side and cook for 10 seconds.
11. Take out the ready dosa and serve with the side dish of your choice.
12. Repeat the same and prepare rest of the dosas.
Note :You can reduce the amount of millet and urid dal to half. You can also use mixi instead of grinder to grind. Use very little water while grinding and then add required water if it needs.
Time = Soaking time - 3 hours minimum + grinding time 25 minutes + fermentation - over night or 6 to 7 hours + Dosa preparing 20 Minutes.
Serves : As you Use.