Here I have tried Simple Onion Leaves Pepper - Jeera Dry Curry which is very easy and yummy to have them with almost all the main dishes.
I have used Spring Onions, pepper, jeera and some salt.
It is very easy to do it and goes well with almost all the main dishes as I said earlier.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Spring Onions : 1 Bundle ( Big bundle).
Green chilly : 1 to 2
Coconut : 1 Cup
Crushed pepper : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Cooking Oil : 2 Tablespoons
Mustad Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Jeera : 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and clean spring onion sticks nicely and check it out thoroughtly.
2.Crush pepper pods, jeera and keep aside.
3.Wash and slit green chilly.
4.Grate coconut and keep it aside.
5.Wash green chilly and cut into very small.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add mustard seeds and jeera.
7. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add curry leaves.
8. Add cut green chilly and cut spring onion leaves. Mix it nicely.
9. Cook on low flame. Sprinkle some water and cover it.
10. It turns soft. Add crushed pepper - jeera mixture, salt and a little turmeric powder.
11. Mix it well and cook for 2 minutes. See that all the moisture disappear.
12. Add grated coconut and shift the ready spring onion dry curry to a serving bowl.
Note :Do not add much spices. Do not add water. Only sprinkle some drops on the top.
Adding little more oil is optional. Adding more chilly is optional. Pepper pods adds to spicy taste and is good for health. Adding coconut adds to the taste to curry. Do not cook after adding coconut. It adds aroma to the curry and coconut is good for health. (Without cooking).
Time : 15 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3
You can also prepare Uttappa with this Spring Onion Curry. ( Stuffing on the top of Set Dosa)
You can use Spring Onion Curry as stuffing in between the Ghee roast dosa.