I have put every thing together and cooked in pressure cooker.
This recipe has been told by Geetha Bangalore Upendra and It is packed with vitamins, minerals and proteins.
Then smashed everything together and added seasoning with mustard seeds and ingh/asafoetida.
Let us see this recipe now :
Things Needed :Toor dal : 1/2 Cup
Tomatoes : 2
Palak /Spinach leaves : 1 Bundle (small).
Ginger : An inch
Coriander Seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Green chilly : 2
Salt : As required
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Coconut Oil : 1 Tbs
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Curry leaves : 5 to 6 Leaves
Method :1. Wash and cut palak or your choice of leaves or mixed leaves.
2. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger and wash it again. Grate it and keep it aside.
3. Wash and cut tomatoes and keep it aside.
4. Wash toor dal and put it in a pressure cooker. Add cut palak, grated ginger, cut tomatoes.
5. Add coriander seeds and slit green chilly.
6. Add required water and pressure cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Put off the fire and let it cool.
7. Take out the cooked mixture and churn once in a mixi jar.
8. Keep a pan on the fire and add coconut oil. Add mustard seeds.
9. Add little ingh. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add curry leaves.
10 . Add churned dal - leaves mixture and cook. Add required salt and mix it well.
11. Yummy dal is ready to serve.
12. Shift it to a serving dish and serve as one of the side dish.
Note :Adding more chilly is optional. Use of any cooking oil is optional. Let cooked dal - leaves mixture cool completely. Just give a churn to get the full benefits.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3 .