I have tried these pooris many a times and here it is for you all to try.
I have used wheat flour, curd, chilly powder, garam masala powder, jeera, Kasuri methi/dry methi leaves, salt and ghee. Prepared the dough and rolled as pooris immediately and fried in hot oil. Pooris do not fluff much since jeera and methi leaves are added. It taste yummy when they are hot. We had it with tomato chutney and a cup of curd for breakfast and the remaining were eaten as snack with a cup of hot coffee.
Try these pooris and you will definitely like to prepare it again and again.
Ingredients :Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Curd : 2 to 3 Tbs
Salt : As required
Kasure methi ; 2 to 3 Tbs
Ghee : 1 Tsp full
Garam Masala powder : 1/2 Tsp
Chilly Powder : 1/2 Tsp
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric powder : A little
Cooking Oil : 1 Cup
Method :1. Take a big bowl and add wheat flour, salt, chilly powder and jeera/cumin seeds.
2. Add garam masala powder, turmeric powder, ghee and kasuri methi. (I used everest kasuri methi).
3. Mix all the ingredients and add curd and mix the dough nicely.
4. Kneed the dough well and divide it to small portions. Give a ball shape and press a little.
5. Roll them as pooris.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Fry on hot oil both sides till it turns golden brown.
7. Take it out from the pan and put it on the kitchen tissue.
8. Arrange in a tray or plate and serve with choice of your side dish.
9. We had it with tomato chutney and curd.
10. We also had these pooris as snack with a cup of coffee.
Note :Using more or less chilly is optional. Add curd little by little while preparing the dough. Do not add at once. (It might turn mushy).
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4.