It is simple, spicy and you can store this gojju for nearly 2 to 3 months (in fridge).
These wild mangoes are from my sister's house in Sagri, near Udupi. The mango Tree bares lots of fruits and its of a sweet variety once it is ripen.
We had a chance to visit them during the mango season and got some mangoes. I kept the mangoes to ripe. To my surprise all the mangoes are ripen @ one time. So the thought of preparing this Mango Spicy Gojju flashed.
I have washed the mangoes nicely though no chemical spray or any other chemical use is done on fruits. It is always a good habit to wash and use the fruits or vegetables.
These mangoes are sweet type, once it is ripe.
The recipe goes like this.
Wash and wipe out the moisture. Squeeze out the pulp completely and boil the pulp on medium flame. Add some jaggery ,salt and let it boil till it turns bit thick. Then adding the rasam powder makes the gojju little more thick. Mix it and stir continuously till it turns thick like a jam consistency. Add mustard seeds, ingh and curry leaves seasoning at the end and leave it for boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
Then take out the done Mango gojju and let it cool. Use glass jars to store and it can stay for 3 to 4 months in fridge.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Wild Mangoes : 10 to 15
Jaggery : 1 Cup full
Salt : As required for gojju
To Add :
Saru / Rasam Powder : 3 to 4 Tsp full.
Musard seasoning in coconut oil : 1 Tablespoon
Turmeric powder : A pinch .
Method :1. Wash and wipe out the moisture of wild mangoes.
2. Squeeze out the pulp completely.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and put mango pulp and cook. Add required salt. Add little turmeric powder.
4. Add jaggery and mix it nicely.
5. Let it cook till it gets thick.
6. Add rasam powder and mix it nicely and cook.
7. Prepare seasoning with mustard seeds, ingh and curry leaves in coconut oil.
8. Add this seasoning to the gojju. Let it boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. See that gojju gets the jam consistency. (Not very thick or thin).
10. Take it out from the fire and let it cool.
11. Mix it again nicely and then fill the Wild Mango Spicy Gojju to glass bottles.
12. Store them in fridge and use as sides. pickle, chutney or dip.
Note :Wipe out the moisture nicely once you wash wild mangoes. Adding more jaggery is optional.
Adding any shop bought Rasam Powder is optional. No need to use much oil. Adding chilly powder to spice up the gojju is optional, Use of red chilly for seasoning is optional. I have used coconut oil to season. Any other cooking oil is optional.
Time : 35 to 40 minutes
Serves : As you use it.