I have used besan, jeera/cumin seeds and chilly powder and salt. No added cooking soda or eno here.
Let us see some benefits of having these pumpkin flowers in our diet.Pumpkin flowers are good source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Pumpkin flowers are known to be full of health benefits. They are good for strengthening immunity system in our body. Good for treating for common cold and they are good for bones. They improve our vision since it contain Vitamin A. They are rich source of vitamin B9. The intake of pumpkin flower helps to improve the sperm quality and helps in infertility issues. It has vitamin c, vitamin B2 and vitamin B3. They are good source of minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus.
Pumpkin plants bear two types of flowers. One is male which has no fruit under the flower and the female bear the fruit. (Small pumpkin).
Male flower which has no fruit under the flower.
Female flower which has fruit under the flower.
This Pumpkin Flower Tava Fry is simple, quick, yummy and easy to prepare.
I have used pumpkin flowers which grew in our pots, salt, chilly powder, cumin seeds and
besan./Channa flour .
Pumpkin flowers should be checked, cleaned and washed nicely. There will be ants inside the flowers.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things needed :Besan /Channa flour : : 1/2 Cup
Pumpkin flowers : 4 to 5
Red chilly Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Wash pumpkin flowers nicely.
2. Take out the end part completely. It is only the petals are used.
3. Check the petals to make sure there are no ants or any worm is hid in the petals.
4. Take a bowl and add 1/2 cup of besan, required salt, jeera/cumin seeds and chilly powder.
5. Mix all the ingredients nicely and add water to prepare bajji batter. It should be like dosa batter consistency.
6. Keep a dosa pan on the fire and heat. Add little oil to it. Let the fire be low.
7. Dip each pumpkin petal in besan batter and place it on the tava. Sprinkle some oil on it.
8. Cook on low and medium heat. Put some oil on the top and turn the other side and cook till they turn slightly golden brown.
9. Now Pumpkin flower Tava fry is ready to serve.
10. Serve as one of the side dish with lunch.
You can also prepare pakodas, dry palya, mosaru bajji and other side dishes with this Pumpkin flower.
Adding little rice flower to the batter while mixing is optional.
Adding little more chilly powder is optional.
Adding more oil helps the food to be tasty.
Serves : 2.