This sweet rotti here is prepared using pumpkin, jaggery, Rava and coconut. Rava /rave/semolina is good to have in the morning since it is full of carbs. Pumpkin and jaggery provide energy and sweetness to rotti. Coconut provides taste and some good vitamins and minerals.
I grated the pumpkin and added fresh boiled milk, coconut and organic jaggery to make it more tasty.
Let us see some benefits of having "Pumpkin" in our diet.Pumpkin helps to take care of your heart health. It helps in boosting our immunity system. It is filled with rich vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is low in calorie and good for weight loss. It helps to protect our eye health. Pumpkin contain good source of potassium and vitamin c. It is rich in fiber and good for easy digestion and helps to ease constipation problems.
No Onion or Garlic is used in this Pumpkin Sweet Rotti.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Pumpkin : Grated : 1 Big bowl. (Quarter part of one medium sized pumpkin).
Rava ; Semolina /Rave /Sooji : Medium sized : 2 Cups
jaggery : 2 to 3 Tablespoons of jaggery.
Salt : As required
Coconut : 1 Cup /5 to 6 Tbs.
Oil : 3 to 4 Tbs
Ghee : 2 Tbs
Method :1. Wash and peel off the skin of pumpkin. Remove the pulp and seeds.
2. Grate pumpkin and keep it aside. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
3. Take a big bowl and put medium size rava/semolina/sooji/ rave.
4. Add jaggery, salt, coconut and grated pumpkin. Add 1/2 cup of milk and mix it well.
5. Add required water and prepare the rotti batter little watery. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle some oil on top of the dosa tava.
7. Take a handful of the pumpkin rava batter and spread it on the tava in circle shape.
8. Spread as thin as you like it. Sprinkle some oil on the top and cover it.
9. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the other side and cook for a minute.
10. Pumpkin Sweet rotti is ready to serve.
11. Add ghee on the top on hot sweet rotti and serve with your choice of side dish.
12. Repeat the same and prepare rottis.
Note :Adding milk adds to the taste and gives softness to rotti. Adding coconut is optional. I have used liquid jaggery. Any jaggery is optional. Turn into powder form and then use it. Adding more pumpkin gratings is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.