We love to have varieties of chutneys with plain rice or any other dishes like idli, vada, dosa, uppittu, chapati and so many to list it.
Chutneys are very nice to eat with dosas, idli, poori, chapati, rotti etc etc. Varieties of chutneys can be prepared.
I have prepared Chutney using channa dal and tomato. Tomato is from our garden and I am very happy to prepare this yummy, spicy chutney.
No Onion or No Garlic is used here in this Channa dal and Tomato Chutney.
It is very easy, simple, quick and yummy.
Things Needed :Tomato : 1
Channa Dal : 1 Tablespoon Full
Green Chilly : 2 to 3
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
Coconut : 1 Cup
Tamarind : A small marble size
To season :
Coconut Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Ingh : A little
Curry leaves : 4 to 5
Method :1. Wash tomato and cut into small.
2. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
3. Keep a pan and heat. Add oil and channa dal, red chilly and fry till they turn slightly brown.
4. Add cut tomatoes and fry till it turns soft.
5.Add little tamarind and fry for a minute. Put off the fire and add grated coconut.
6. Let all the fried ingredients get cool.
7. Add required water, salt and grind till it turn soft texture. Take it out to a serving dish.
8. Add seasoning of mustard seeds, ingh, curry leaves done in coconut oil.
9. Add this seasoning to ground channa dal - tomato chutney.
10. Now the chutney is ready to serve.
Note :You can dry roast dal and tomatoes till it turn soft. Adding more chilly is optional.
Adding more coconut is optional. If you are using this chutney with dosa or idli let the chutney be mild spicy. If it is for lunch let it be bit spicy. (Optional).
Time : 15 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3 .