It is healthy, soothing, digestive and yummy side dish. Here I have tried Raw Mango Tambuli and it suits to all age group. You can use it as drink or a side dish with rice.
I have used Raw Mango gratings, ghee fried jeera, pepper, little grated coconut and 1/2 cup of curd.
Let us see some benefits of Raw mango in our diet.
Raw Mango helps to protect us from dehydration. It boost energy and good for heart. It has a rich source of nutrients. It has a good source of anti oxidant properties. Good for digestion. It is good for eye health. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K and Vitamin C. It contain soluble fiber and good for people who suffer from constipation. It has minerals like Iron, copper, potassium and magnesium.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :To Fry :
Ghee : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Pepper Pods : 1/2 Teaspoon
Green chilly : 1/2
Mango gratings : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
To Grind :
Coconut gratings : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Water : Very little (1/4 cup or little more).
To Add :
Salt : As required
Curd /butter milk : 1 Cup
Method :1. Wash and grate mango and keep the gratings aside.
2. Grate coconut and keep it aside. Wash green chilly and curry leaves and keep it aside.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and heat.
4. Put ghee, jeera and pepper. Fry on low flame.
5. Add Green chilly and fry. Add grated raw mango and mix it well. Add curry leaves.
6. Put off the fire and add coconut. Let it cool.
7. Grind it with required water once it is cooled. Take out the mixture to a bowl.
8. Add curd and required salt. Mix it nicely.
9. Add jeera seasoning done in 1/2 tsp of ghee and serve with other dishes.
10. Yummy, healthy, easy and seasonal Raw Mango Tambuli is ready to serve.
Do not use much ghee. Do not add more chilly. Tambuli should be mild and pepper pods adds mild spice to Tambuli. Add fresh coconut gratings to get Ghama Ghama Tambuli. Do not use dry coconut. It changes the flavour of the tambuli and the taste differ.
You can use butter milk instead of curd.
Time : 15 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3.