Leaves are to be in your diet to keep you healthy. Here I have prepared Palak - Gongura Dal.
Gongura dal is prepared using Gongura Chutney.
Gongura chutney is used instead of tomatoes/lemon/tamarind. Palak dal turned as yummy and spicy.
Dal should be consumed with hot rice and a spoonful of ghee.
Let us see some benefits of eating ghee in our diet.Ghee helps to rejuvenates the body from inside out. It nourishes and protect the brain health.
Ghee is rich in Vitamins and Minerals. It contain Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin K 2 and Good cholesterol. Ghee is good for cough ( ghee mix with ginger powder helps to cure cough) It improves our eye sight and good for constipation. Gee helps to boost our immunity system and it has anti inflammatory properties.
Ghee is an excellent source of good fats and ghee helps to remove the toxins in our body. It helps to improve metabolism of our body.
The Palak leaves are from our pot, home grown and its organic.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :To Cook :
Palak /Spinach leaves : 1 Bundle
Toor dal : 1/2 Cup
To Add :
Gongura Chutney : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera / Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Green chilly : 2
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Curry leaves : 6 to 8
Method :1. Clean and wash Palak leaves.
2 Cut them into small.
3. Wash toor dal and cook with palak leaves. (Pressure cook).
4. Keep the cooked palak, toor dal on the fire.
5. Add Salt, little turmeric powder and mix it. Let it boil for 2 minutes.
6. Add a tablespoon of Gongura Chutney and mix it well. Let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Shift Palak - Gongura Dal to a serving dish.
8. Prepare seasoning with mustard seeds, jeera, ingh, green chilly and curry leaves.
9. Add the seasoning to Palak - Gongura dal and it is ready to serve. Add a tablespoon of ghee.
10. We had Palak - Gongura dal for lunch.
Note :Adding moong dal instead of toor dal is optional.
Adding onion and garlic is optional.
Gongura Chutney adds taste and savoury to dal.
Use of ghee is adds to the taste.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.
Gongura Chutney Recipe : Link