This sweet guli appa can be prepared quickly and is a treat to sweet lovers in a healthy way.
I have used jaggery, chiroti rava/thin variety of rava, coconut and little Eno fruit salt.
It has mild sweet and good for all age group.
These Sweet Rava Guli Appa was prepared to give it one of our relative. Felt like taking something while visiting them. The lady of the house fractured her leg and was admitted to hospital for treatment and was discharged. She was in recovering and kids and her hubby used to manage the house hold chores. So I prepared these Guli Appas. We had been to their house and gave the guli appa I prepared, talked to her and came back.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Well Ripen Banana : 2
Medium size Rava /Semolina : 2 Cups
Jaggery : 1/2 Cup
Grated fresh coconut : 1 Cup
Curd : 1/2 Cup
Salt : A little
Eno fruit salt : 1/2 Teaspoon
Oil : 3 to 4 Tbs
Method :1. Take a big bowl and put banana, curd and jaggery. (Powdered).
2. Smash banana and mix all the ingredients nicely. Add salt.
3. Add rava/semolina, add required water and prepare dough.
4. Leave it for 5 minutes. Add eno salt and mix it well.
5. Keep a Guli Appa pan and heat. Put oil to each mould.
6. Put Rava guli appa mixture and put some oil.
7. Cook on low and medium flame. Turn the other side and cook.
8. Sweet Guli Appa is ready to serve.
9. Serve with your choice of side dish.
Note:Banana, curd, jaggery should be mixed well. I have used fresh jaggery which is clean and organic.
Adding the quantity of jaggery is optional. More or less. Mix all the ingredients and then use required water. The dough should be like idli dough consistency.
Time : 15 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3 People.
I have used curd to prepare this guli appa.(Use of milk is optional). Just check the recipe in blog.