I have used bottle gourd, moong dal, coconut, jeera and pepper.
Let us see some benefits of eating Pepper in our diet.Peeper has been used since ages and it is loaded with medicinal values. It is known as king of spices and we Indians do use in our cooking. It is high in antioxidant and helps to improve damaged cells in our body. It is loaded with anti inflammatory properties. It helps to improve blood sugar level. Pepper also helps in lowering the cholesterol levels. It is good for cough and cold. it helps in absorbing nutrients from the food we eat. It good for digestion. It is good for brain health. It is said that it may help the brain health. ( Avoid losing memory).
No Onion or No Garlic Curry .
Let us see the recipe now :
To Cook :Bottle gourd pieces : 1 Bowl
Moong dal : 1/2 Cup
Green chilly : 2
To grind :
Coconut : 1 Cup
Jeera /Cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Pepper Pods : 5 to 6 pods
Ginger : An inch
To Add :
Ground coconut mixture
Tamarind Tokku : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Turmeric powder : A little
Coriander leaves : 1 Tablespoon
To Season :
Coconut Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Curry leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1 Wash and remove the outer layer of bottle gourd. Cut bottle gourd into small small pieces.
2. Wash and cook moong dal with required water.
3. Wash coriander leaves, curry leaves and cut them in to small pieces. Wash ginger and scrape out the outer layer. Cut ginger into pieces and keep it aside.
4. Prepare seasoning with coconut oil and add cut bottle gourd pieces. Mix it well and add water. Let it cook till the pieces are soft. Add little turmeric powder while cooking. Add cut green chilly.
5.Grate coconut and grind with pepper, jeera and ginger with required water.
6. Now mix cooked dal and cooked bottle gourd pieces. Add tamarind tokku. Add salt. Stir slowly and mix the curry well.
7. Add ground coconut mixture and mix it well.
8. Let it cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in between so that it does not get burnt at the bottom.
9. Shift bottle gourd, jeera - pepper curry to a serving dish. Add cut coriander leaves.
10. Serve bottle gourd, jeera - pepper curry for lunch or as you wish. (with chapati or any other main dishes).
Note :Cut bottle gourd in to small pieces so that it cooks quickly. Adding more chilly is optional. Adding toor dal instead of moong is optional.
Adding tamarind pulp instead of tamarind tokku is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.