Rava /Semolina dosa is very easy to prepare and you can prepare dosa with just ground batter or You can ferment the batter and then prepare crispy and yummy dosa.
I have used Moong dal, channa dal, toor dal, urid dal and a cup of Rava/semolina. I did not use any soda or Eno salt. It is full of healthy breakfast and it keeps you full for a long time no doubt.
Let us see some benefits of Dals in our diet.Dals are rich in protein and very essential for vegetarinas. Moong dal is full of protein and filled with nutrients. It is filled with manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, potassium, zinc and Vitamin B. Moong dal is easy to digest and low in cholesterol. It helps in regulating the blood sugar level and good for weight reducers.
Urid dal is filled with fiber. It improves and strengthen bones. It helps to boost energy and control blood sugar level. It is good for our skin. Urid dal is a good source of protein, potassium, iron, and Vitamin A and C.
Toor dal has good source of folic acid and good for pregnant women.It is filled with fiber. It contain proteins, potassium, iron, folic acid, magnesium and Vitamins.
Channa dal provides energy and good source of fiber. It is diabetic friendly and regulate the blood pressure level in our body.
It is full of B Complex vitamins like Vitamin B 1 , B 2, B 3 and Vitamin B 9.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :Channa dal : 1 Cup
Toor Dal : 1 Cup
Moong Dal : 1 Cup
Urid Dal : 1 Cup
Semolina /Rava : Medium sized : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Cooking Oil : 2 to 3 Tbs
Method :1. Wash and soak urid dal, toor dal, moong dal and channa dal for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Grind it with required water.
3. Take out the batter to a big bowl.
4. Add a cup of medium size rava/semolina.
5. Add required salt and mix it well. Let it set for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. You can prepare dosa / adai with out fermenting the batter.
7. Or you can ferment the batter and then prepare dosa.
8. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Clean the tava with a tissue.
9. Add a ladle full of dosa batter and spread it in round shape. Add little oil and cook on both sides.
8. Both the types of dosas ( with non ferment and ferment batter) dosas comes out nicely.
9. Enjoy with your choice of side dishes.
10 We like honey and had it with honey and pickle and chutney .
Note :Do not add much water to grind the dals. You can add it later while mixing rava with dals.
Adding little pepper adds to aroma and taste. Good for health too.
Adding Vegetables like grated carrots and onions is optional.
Fermented batter turns the dosa crispy. You need to be little careful since it cooks up quickly.
Adding more or less oil while preparing dosa is optional. Adding more ghee or oil adds to the taste.
Serves : 3 to 4
Time : Dals : Soaking time : 4 Hours - Grinding + 5 Minutes (Mixi), preparing dosa : 20 minutes.
(Without fermentation) and fermentation 3 to 4 hours .