It is simple and remember it has to fermented well to get the good texture.
I have used Urid dal, dosa rice (raw), Avalakki/poha and methi seeds.
Urid dal is loaded with fiber and protein. It is said idli or dosa is one of the best breakfast food that provides energy and one would stay healthy and strong.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Raw Rice : 2 Cups
Urid dal : 1/2 Cup
Methi /Fenugrik seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Avalakki/Poha/Aval : 2 to 3 handful. (Thick or thin)
Salt : As required
Method :1. Wash and soak raw rice, methi seeds, urid dal together or separate for 3 to 4 hours.
2. Soak Avalakki separately in a bowl. Add warm water. (Do not add boiling water).
3. Grind it with required water and put it in a big bowl.
4. Add salt and mix it well. Let it ferment well. (Over night).
5. Next morning mix the batter and keep it ready to prepare dosa.
6. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Sprinkle some oil on top and clean it with a tissue.
7. Take a ladle of dosa batter and put it on the hot tava. (Let it be on l ow flame).
8. Sprinkle some oil on the top, cover and cook. (medium flame).
9. Turn the other side and cook for 30 seconds or little more.
10. Take it out and serve with your choice of side dishes.
11. Repeat the same and prepare set dosa.
12. Hot, soft and fluffy dosas are yummy to have.
Note :I have used grinder to grind. If you are using mixi use little more urid. (one or two handful). Optional.
Use of ghee adds to the taste. While cooking add very little oil and then use ghee on the top.
While pouring the batter the pan should be very hot.Then reduce the heat.