Healthy laddu provide energy, vitamins and minerals to our body.
Rose petals are used here to add natural flavour of rose. The roses are from our pot plants. The roses are slightly pink and good for health.
This time I have used Oats, lion dates, wheat flour and some dry fruits like raisins, cashews. Use little jaggery to add little more sweet. Rose petals adds to the natural flavour of Roses.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Oats : 250 Grams
Wheat flour : 2 Cup
Jaggery : 1/2 Cup (Powdered).
Poppy seeds : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Lion Dates : 500 Grams
Raisins : 1 Cup
Cashews : 10 to 12 (Cut into small pieces.
Rose Petals : 4 to 5 Rose flowers.
Method :1. Wash and dry rose petals.
2. Dry roast oats and dry grind it. Remove the seeds from dates and smash dates and make it soft.
3. Dry roast wheat flour till the raw smell goes off.
4. Add poppy seeds to dry roasted wheat flour and put of the fire. Put dry roasted ingredients, soft dates to a a big bowl. Mix it well.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and put jaggery and 1/4 cup or little less water. Let the jaggery melt.
6. Keep stirring till it turn one string consistency.
7. Add rose petals and stir for 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Pour this jaggery on the top of dry ground oats and wheat flour.
9. Keep a small pan on the fire and and put 2 to 3 tbs of ghee. Add raisins and let it bubble up.
Add cashews and fry. Pour this cashew - raisins to powdered ingredients.
10. Now mix all the ingredients nicely and make laadu/Unde.
11. Have a Oats - wheat - Dates laadu as evening snack. It is one of the best snack for kids. So while preparing snack box add this unde.
12. Serve or eat whenever you like it.
Note :If you find the ingredients are dry and if you are not able to prepare laddu, use 1/4 glass of hot milk or 2 to 3 tbs of melted ghee. So that you can nicely prepare laddu. Remember, milk added laddu get might get spoiled, so it is better to keep them in the fridge.
Time : 40 Minutes.