|Ready to Serve Hot Kachoris|
Lets see some benefits of eating jeera/cumin seeds.
Jeera/Cumin seeds are one of the important spice, and famous for their wonderful flavour and aroma. They also have number of health benefits. Jeera can help to improve digestion and helps to overcome insomnia. It helps to improve digestion and stomach ache. Jeera is high in fiber and is good remedy for constipation. In Ayurveda, it is said that it is capable of preventing and healing severe digestive disorders like piles. Jeera contain high potassium and that helps to maintain our blood pressure and heart rate. They contain anti bacterial and anti fungai properties and its a great remedy for cold, sore throat and asthama. It is good for people who are suffering from anaemia since it helps in production of hemoglobin. These jeera seeds are good for pregnant women since it contain Iron an Calcium.
No onion or garlic is added in this Kachori.
Things needed :For the outer layer:
Wheat flour : 2 cups
Maida (All purpose flour ) 1/2 Cup
Ghee or Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Jeera : 1 Teaspoon
Salt : as required
For Filling (stuffing)
Jack fruit seeds : 8 to 10 (cooked)
Moong dal : 1 cup
Green chilly : 2
Coriander leaves : 1 Handful
Jeera : 2 Teaspoons
Pepper pods : 4 to 5
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Salt : As required
Garam masala powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Oil : 1 1/2 Cup (for frying)
Method:1. Remove the outer skin of jack seeds and cook and let it cool. (Pressure cook at least for 8 to 10 minutes).
2. Roast moong dal and let it cool.
3. Wash and cut green chilly, coriander leaves and ginger.
4. Cut cooked jack seeds in to small and put it in a jar along with ginger, coriander leaves,pepper pods and green chilly.
7. Add a teaspoon of jeera/cumin seeds, garam masala powder.
8. Mix all the ingredients nicely and divide into small size of a ball.
9. Dry roast maida, wheat flour on low flame. Leave it for cooling.
.Add required water slowly and then prepare dough.( It should be poori consistency). Let it rest for 5 minutes.
12. Roll them into small poris.
14. Make like a ball and flatten it slightly and arrange them on the plate.
16. Deep fry ready kachoris on both side. (Fry it on low flame). Put them on the kitchen tissue.
Note :Dry grind roasted moong coarsely. Let it mix well with ground jack seed mixture. Add spices according to your wish. (more or less). Adding more ghee to the flour might absorb oil while frying. Dry roasting wheat flour and maida help kachori to be crispy. Use of maida or wheat flour is optional. You can not keep kachori for a long time. Since wheat flour is used it will turn soft. You can use any legume instead of jack seeds. (Rajma, Channa or whole moong Field bean/avarekai etc).
Time : 40 to 50 minutes. (The whole process).
12 To 15 Kachoris can be prepared.