Friday, October 4, 2019
Friday, March 1, 2019
It is easy, simple and healthy drink and definitely will help all age group people.
I have used ripe banana , soft dates and an apple. Boiled and cooled milk is added.
It is NO SUGAR NO JAGGERY RECIPE. Dates are used for sweetening the milk shake that too in a milk taste. You can use more dates and make it more sweeten milk shake.
Let us see the recipe now ;
Ingredients :Apple : 1
Dates : 6 to 8
Ripe Banana : 1
Boiled and cooled milk : 2 glasses.
Method :1. Wash and keep the apple in warm water for 5 minutes. Clean it with a clean towel. ( Rub well and remove the wax if any).
2. Wash it nicely and cut into small pieces and discard the seeds and hard part.
3. Take out the seeds from dates and cut it into small pieces.
4. Peel off banana skin and cut into small.
5. Place all the above ingredients / cut banana, small pieces of dates and apple pieces in a mixi jar.
6. Add a cup of milk and grind it nicely till all the ingredients turn as soft and smooth.
7. Add some more milk /a glass and churn for 1 minute.
8. Put this milk shake to a serving bowl. Mix it again and serve
9, Add some ice cubes just before serving.
Note :Adding more dates is optional. No need to add any sugar, jaggery or honey. You can add a pinch of cinnamon powder. I have not added because it gives out strong aroma.
Time : 10 Minutes
Serves : 2.
Monday, October 22, 2018
Just had some thing in mind and gave a try, it has come out nicely and of course healthy.
I have used wheat flour and fruits like apple, pomegranates with little chat masala.
The baskets are made with wheat and chiroti rava/thin variety of semolina.
Try and enjoy this Wheat Fruit Basket Chat.
Wheat baskets are easy to prepare.
These Wheat baskets are prepared with wheat flour and chiroti rava.
Let us see the recipe now :
Let us prepare wheat basket first and then proceed to fruits
Things Needed :Wheat Baskets
Things needed :Wheat flour : 2 Cups
Chiroti rava/thin variety of semolina : 2 Tablespoons
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
Oil : To fry : 1 Cup
A Steel glass
Fruits Filling :
Apple : 1
Pomegranate : 1
Honey : 2 Tablespoons
Chat Masala : 1/4 Teaspoon
To Add :
Fried Corn flakes. (Purely optional).
1. Take a big bowl and add wheat flour,jeera, ghee and salt. Mix it well and then add water to prepare poori dough.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of chiroti rava and then mix it with dough. Kneed the dough well and keep it aside.
3. Now divide the dough into small portions.
4. Roll them as small chapatis.
5. Take a steel glass. Put it up side down.
6. Take a rolled chapati and put it on the bottom around the glass. ( Only 1/4 of the glass ).
7. Just give a basket shape and keep it aside. Let the chapati stick on the bottom of the glass.
8. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and let it get hot. ( Medium flame).
9. Now take a glass with the help of holder and dip in hot oil.
10. Slowly the basket comes out of the glass bottom. Fry on both sides and remove the wheat baskets once it is done. (Fry on low and medium flame). Put it on a kitchen tissue.
11. Repeat the same and prepare the remaining baskets.
12. Wash and peel off the apple skin and seeds. Cut it into small pieces.
13. Remove pomegranate seeds and put it with apple pieces.
14. Mix the fruit pieces with honey and chat masala. Mix some rose petals. ( Optional).
Mix it nicely. Keep it aside.
15. Now arrange the wheat baskets in a tray and fill it with fruits mixture. Top up with fried corn flakes and serve. Adding corn flakes on the top is optional.
Note :Let the dough be bit tight. Adding chiroti rava helps to add the crisps to wheat baskets.
Adding any fruit pieces is optional. I have added some rose petals with fruits. (purely optional).
You can also add onions and carrot gratings and make spicy wheat basket.
Time : 40 Minutes.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Haalu means milk and this particular sweet dish is prepared using coconut milk and jaggery. Use of coconut is a healthy option and we do get benefit from coconut and coconut milk. It is not only adds taste to the dish you prepare, it adds the healthy properties in it.
Let us see some benefits of having Coconut in our diet.
coconut is referred as Kalpavruksha (means provide the needs of human).
Coconut is one of the wonder food on the earth and it provides multiple health benefits. It helps in lowering cholesterol, healing and stabilizing blood sugar in our body. It is a top immune booster, anti fungal, antibiotic, antiviral and antibacterial remedy for thousands of years. Coconut helps to imporve digestion, stabilize glucose levels, ward off wrinkles, build cells, regulate hormones, fight infections and good for weight loss. Coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibre. It has vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 in it. It has minerals like iron, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Ragi - Apple Haalubai can be eaten as desert, for kids snack box, breakfast, travelling and kitty parties.
I have used ragi flour, apple, jaggery, cardamom, cinnamon (very little) and some ghee.
Let us see the recipe now.
Things needed :Ragi flour : 2 Cups
Jaggery : 3/4 Cup or little more
Apple : 1 (big size)
Ghee : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Cinnamon : Very small pieces.( 1/3 of an inch)
Cardamom : 6 to 8 Pods
Salt : A pinch
Coconut : 1 Cup
Method :1. Grate coconut and grind it nicely with cinnamon and cardamom seeds. (Remove the seeds from the pods and then use it). Let it be paste consistency.
2. Dry roast ragi flour for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame and let it cool.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put jaggery and 1 glass of water. Let jaggery melt completely and starts to boil. Remove from the pan and sieve it.
4. Wash and remove outer peel of an apple. Remove the seeds and hard portion. Cut them into very small pieces.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and add sieved jaggery and ground coconut mixture.
6. Add roasted ragi flour to jaggery mixture and slowly stir. Let it mix well.
7. Keep on stirring till it turn slightly thick. Add a tablespoon of ghee and keep stirring the pudding.
8. Add little ghee in between and stir the haalubai on low flame. It starts to leave the edges of the pan.
9. Add cut apple pieces and let it mix it with ragi coconut mixture nicely. Add little ghee.
10. Stir for another 5 to 8 minutes and pour the dough to a ghee greased tray or plate.
11 Spread it evenly on the plate. Cut it once it is cooled.
12. Serve or eat whenever you want to. Add little ghee on the top of Ragi - Apple Haalubai just before serving.
Note;You can add grated apple instead of pieces. I have added the pieces so that you get a piece while eating haalubai. Adding more ghee is optional. (Remember it does not take much ghee). Use of oil instead of ghee is optional. Taste differ and ghee taste better. Adding any other flavour instead of cinnamon and cardamom is optional. Adding more jaggery is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 25 to 30 pieces. (According to size and shape).
Type : Desert/Sweet/Indian.
Onion Uttappa / Onion Dosa is one of the famous Dosa for many people. It is very yemmy, easy and filling Dosa and it keeps you full for a lo...
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →