People call it as Brahmi also because it is loaded with medicinal values.
Its known as Ondelaga in Kannada/Karnataka.
Saraswathi Aku in Telugu/Andra pradesh.
Vallari Keerai in Tamil/Tamilnaadu
Karivan or Karivana in Marati /Maharasthtra
Kandha Brahmi in Gujrati /Gujarat
Thulkudi in Bengali /Bengal
Bengsag and Brahmi in Hindi
It helps in good relief for pains. It boost cognitive function.
Ondelaga helps in reducing anxiety and stress. It helps in controlling the blood sugar level.
It also helps in reducing the swelling and improve the circulation of blood.
Gotukola is rich in anti inflammatory properties and helps to reduce the joint pains and arthritis.
It is good for memory power. It is good for our skin health and hair health.
Gotukola helps to detoxify our body and keeps us in good health
It is good for blood pressure since it helps in controlling the blood pressure level by decreasing the tension and anxiety in our body.
It is good for digestive disorders, helps in strengthening nervous function and memory power in us.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Do Not Fry the leaves when you cook. It looses its healthy benefits when it is cooked. It should be added at the end of the process of cooking.
Ondelaga Leaves : 1 Handful
Toor Dal : 1 Tbs
Oil : 1/2 Tsps
Tamarind : Small marble size
Byadagi chilly : 4 to 5
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Salt : As required
Coconut : 1 Cup
To Season :
Oil : 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Ingh : A little
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Keep a small frying pan on the fire and heat. Add half tsp of oil, 1 tablespoon of toor dal.
2. Add 4 to 5 byadagi chilly and fry nicely till toor daal turns as golden red.
3. Add little ingh and put off the fire.
4. Add a handful of ONDELAGA leaves and mix it well. Keep it aside.
5. Soak little tamarind in warm water for 5 minutes and squeeze out the pulp. Keep the pulp aside.
6. Grate coconut and grind it with fried mixture, tamarind pulp, salt. Add water if required while grinding.
7. Take it out from the mixi jar and put it to a serving dish.
8. Add mustard seeds seasoning with little ingh and curry leaves.
9. Toor dal - Ondelaga Chutney is ready to serve.
10. Enjoy Toor Dal - Ondelaga Chutney with your food.
Note :Fry dal till it turns golden brown. You should be careful while adding water if required.
Adding more chilly is optional.
Use or more coconut is optional.
Time : 15 to 20 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 .