I have used a cup of cucumber chutney which I prepared in the morning for breakfast to have it with dose.
I have used that cucumber chutney, rice flour, 1/2 cup of boiling water and salt.
Let us see some benefits of Cucumber in our diet.Cucumber is filled with nutrients, vitamins, minerals and healthy properties. They are good water content vegetable. It is low in calories with healthy benefits. It is good for digestion and it helps to lower the blood sugar levels. Good for skin and hair. Cucumber has good source of fiber and good for people who suffer from constipation. It has good amount of antioxidant properties. Eating cucumber is good for people who follow diet food.
How to prepare Cucumber Chutney?Grind a cup of fresh grated coconut, 1 cucumber, 2 green chilly. Shift the ground chutney to a bowl and add half cup of curd. Add salt and mix it well. No Need to add water while grinding. Season with mustard seeds and ingh/Asafoetida. Cucumber chutney is ready to serve.
No Onion or No Garlic is added to "Cucumber Akki Rotti".
Things Needed :Rice flour : 3 Cups
Cucumber Chutney : 1 Cup
Boiling water : 1/2 Cup
Ghee : 2 Tablespoons
Normal Water : Required water quantity.
Salt : A little
Method :1. Take a big bowl and add rice flour and 1/2 cup of boiling water. Leave it for 5 minutes.
2. Add cucumber chutney and mix it well.
3. Add required normal water and prepare the dough.(It should be soft).
4. Divide the dough into small portions. Keep 1/2 cup of dry rice flour in a bowl.
5. Now take a small portion of the dough and dip in dry flour.
6. Roll as chapati. (Do not put any pressure while rolling chapati).
7. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Put rolled akki rotti and cook on medium flame.
8. Press rotti with a small clean kerchief or cloth so that it puffs up.
9. Flip the other side and cook.
10 Take out from the tava once it is cooked, add little ghee and serve hot spicy akki rotti with choice of your side dish.
11. Repeat the same and prepare the remaining rotti.
12. We had this with Vegetable Kootu.
Note :Do not make the dough very watery. You will not be able to roll rotti. Adding the dough in dry flour helps the rotti to be rolled well. Do not put weight while rolling rotti. It might tear.
Adding hot boiling water helps the rotti to be soft. Just add 1/2 cup, cover the flour and leave it for 5 minutes. Then mix the flour nicely by adding cucumber chutney and required water.
Pressing rotti while cooking will help to fluff the roti. No need to put the rotti directly on fire.
Do not add any oil or ghee while cooking rotti.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 12 Rotis can be prepared.