" Healthy way " is a good word to use because I have used wheat flour and small chiroti rava/semolina for the covering and the potatoes are cooked as dry curry and then it is used. They are cooked with very little oil and then used water to get it soft. I have used very less spice and made the samosa as small. Even the elderly people can also have these samosas and enjoy their day. We can pack it for kids for their school snack box. You can take it for travelling and the ladies to their kitty party.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :To stuff :
Potato Dry Curry : 1 Bowl.
For the outer layer/Cover
Chiroti Rava/Semolina : 2 Cups
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Salt : As required
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Oil : To Fry : 1 Cup
Method :1. Take a big bowl. Add rava. Add salt, jeera/cumin seeds and ghee.
2. Mix all the ingredients nicely and prepare the dough. (Poori dough consistency).
3. Divide the dough into small portions. Take a small portion and roll it.
4. Cut the rolled chapati into half.
5. Take the cut portion and put it on your palm.
6.Make a triangle shape and press the edge. Fill in 1 tbs of potatoes.
7. Bring the sides on the top together and press it and bind the two sides very tightly.
8 Arrange the potato stuffed samosas in a plate /tray.
9. Keep a small frying pan and put oil. Heat it. Let the flame be low now.
10. Fry potato filled Samosas one by one on low and medium flame. Fry on both sides.
11. When you fry on low flame Samosa turns crispy.
12. Serve with the side dish you have prepared. We had it with Mango - Carrot Sweet and Sour Curry.
Note :Fry samosa in low and medium flame to get them crispy. Adding ghee makes the samosa crispy.
Do not add more ghee, it might absorb more oil while frying.
The samosa size can be big/small.
Time : 30 Minutes.