Banana Stem has loads of benefits and people say that it takes away the dirt from intestine in a fine manner. It helps to flush out the stone from kidney. It eases the problem of indigestion.
I have used Banana Stem, little jeera and pepper. Added some grated coconut. Little jaggery is used to give a sweet taste.
The stem was given by our neighbour and they do have lots of place to grown banana plants. They do give us some banana and the stem most of the times. So it is easy for me to try many dishes out of banana stem.
Some time I do cut and put the raw pieces in curd and make raw pachadi. (With out cooking). some time dal, some time curry so this time its dry curry with simple spices.
Let us see some benefits of eating banana stem in our diet.
Banana stem is good for taking out the kidney stone.
It is good for detoxifying our body. It is good for digestion.It helps to control the blood pressure and cholesterol. Healing acidity and gastric problems.
Banana Stem Curry simple, easy and healthy.
Lets see the recipe Now :
No Onion or Garlic is used in this Dish : Banana Stem Dry Curry.
Ingredients :Banana stem : Small Piece
Butter milk : 1/2 Cup
To Add :
Dry ginger powder : 1/2 Tsp
Jaggery : 1 Tbs
Turmeric Powder : A little
Salt : As required
Coconut : 2 to 3 Tbs
Coconut Oil : 1 Tbs
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Jeera : 1/2 Tsp
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8 leaves.
1. Add a cup of water to butter milk and soak banana stem pieces in it.
2. Wash and cut banana stem into small pieces.
3. Wash banana stem and drain out all the water from it.
4. Pressure cook banana stem for 6 to 8 minutes adding little water. Let it cool.
5, Prepare seasoning with coconut oil, mustard seeds, jeera, add green chilly and curry leaves.
6. Add cooked banana stem and let it boil.Add turmeric powder, jaagery and ginger powder.
7. Add salt and cook till all the water disappear.
8. Add grated coconut and mix it well. Shift it to a serving bowl.
9. Banana stem curry is ready to serve.
Note :You can use 2 tbs of curd instead of butter milk. Add a cup of water and mix it well and dip the banana stem cut pieces in it.
Adding any other masala taste differ. Adding red chilly powder instead of green chilly is optional.
Adding jaggery is optional. Use of any cooking oil instead of coconut oil is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.