I have used fresh coconut, gooseberry, green chilly and salt.
Gooseberry chutney was prepared for lunch as one of the side dish. We do love to eat yummy chutney with plain rice and ghee. The taste is heavenly.
The remaining chutney was used for preparing Vade or Vada.
I have used Rice flour, gooseberry chutney and chilly powder.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed For Gooseberry Chutney:
Gooseberry : 2
Green chilly : 2
Fresh grated coconut : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Ingh/Asafoetida : A pinch
Water : Required water
Mustard seasoning : With mustard seeds, a tsp of oil and curry leaves.
Method :1. Wash gooseberry and cut into small pieces.
2. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
3. Fry green chilly in a drop of cooking oil.
4. Now grind coconut, green chilly, gooseberry pieces and required salt with little water.
5. Remove from the mixi jar and put it in a serving dish. Add mustard seasoning and serve.
Note :Add fresh coconut. You can add little tamarind or lemon extract. (Optional). Add only required water while grinding. Adding more chilly is optional. You can use red chilly instead of green chilly.
Time : 10 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3
Gooseberry Chutney -Rice Flour VadaThings Needed :
Gooseberry chutney : 1 Small bowl
Rice flour : 1 Cup
Red chilly : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Oil : 1 Cup
1. Take a big bowl and put rice flour, red chilly powder, jeera and salt.
2. Add gooseberry chutney and mix all the ingredients nicely.
3. Add required water and prepare thick dough.
4. Divide the dough into small ball size.
. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and heat.
6. Take a small size of the dough and pat it on your palm.
7. Put this patted vada and fry on medium heat. Fry on both sides.
8. Remove from the oil once it turn slightly golden brown on both side.
9. Put it on a kitchen tissue and let the extra oil absorb by the tissue.
10. Serve hot " Gooseberry Rice flour Vadas " with cup of coffee.
11. Repeat the same with remaining dough.
12. The Hot Gooseberry Rice Vadas Taste best.
Do not add more water while mixing the dough. It should be thick. Fry on medium flame to get good vadas. Adding more chilly is optional. Chutney adds to the taste of the vada. No onions are used here. Use of onions are optional. Taste differ.
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4