I have used Raw Mango, green chilly, ingh and salt.
Let us see the recipe Now :
It is very simple and quick and can be kept in the fridge for 6 months or more.
Things Needed :Grated Mangoes : 2 to 3 (Medium size)
Salt : 2 Tablespoons
Turmeric powder : 1/2 Tsp
Ingh : A little
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 2 to 3 Tbsp
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon full
Green chilly : 5 to 6 or more
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Method :1. Wash mangoes and dry it completely wiping in a clean towel.
2. Grate mango and keep it aside. Wash green chilly and wipe the wetness completely.
3. Cut green chilly in to small or slit in the middle.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
5. Add ingh/asafoetida and cut green chilly. Fry for 2 minutes nicely.
6. Add grated mango and stir slowly.
7. Add salt and turmeric powder and stir on low flame.
8.Stir for at least 6 to 8 minutes so that all ingredients are mixed and you will see mango is cooked .
9. See that all the moisture is disappear and Mango tokku turns thick and leaves the pan.
10. Put off the fire and mix it once and leave it for cooling.
11. Store in a glass bottle once it is cooled.
12. You can use this mixture to make chutney with other ingredients instead of tamarind, good combination for curd rice. You can also use this for preparing chitranna, vanghibath. mango curd curry etc.
You can grate the mango with its outer layer. I have used the mango completely except the seed.
Use of more chilly is optional. Use of coconut oil is useful. Use more mustard seeds so that pickle will not get fungus.
Stir nicely so that no moisture remains in the mixture. Keep it in a fridge, so that it last long.
It can stay more than six months. (Keep it in a fridge).
Time : 20 to 25 minutes
Serves : As You use it .