Let us see some benefits of using Millet in our diet.
Jola / Jowar is one of the millet family grain and millets are good for health. They help to balance the sugar level and blood pressure level. They are gluten free. They have very little carbs in them.
It has no cholesterol in it. It is fiber rice grain. Good for diabetic patients.
Previously I have posted a method of making jolada rotti . That is you boil water and then add millet flour, stir till they turn one ball. Kneed the done dough and use it for making Millet rotti. You can try that method if the flour is kept for some time and then using it.
Here is a simple method and easily you can prepare Jolada Rotti.
Ingredients :Jola/Jowar/Sorghum : 2 Cups
Hot boiling water : 1 Cup
Salt : A little
1.Take a big bowl and add Millet/Jola /Sorghum flour and add 1 cup of hot boiling water.
2. Just leave it for 2 minutes. Mix all the flour nicely. Add normal water and prepare dough.
3. Prepare dough and kneed it well. Divide the dough in small portions.
4. Keep a cup of dry flour in a bowl.
5. Take a small portion of the dough and kneed it well in your hand.
6. Dip the dough in dry flour and roll it like chapati. Do not press hard while rolling.
7. Keep the tava /pan on the fire and heat. Put rolled roti and cook on medium flame.
8. Press the rotti slightly on edges with a wet towel or with spatula you use.
9. It starts to fluff up. Turn the other side and cook for a minute.
10. Take out roti from the tava and apply ghee on one side and place it on a tray or plate.
11. Prepare the same way with remaining dough.
12. Serve Hot Jolada Rotti with sides of your choice.
Note :Try exactly what is said above. One should kneed the dough well. Dry flour should be applied to roll the rotti. Do not put any oil while cooking. Cooking these rotis on gas flame is optional. I did not cook on direct flame. Remember to use fresh flour to get good rotis.
Time : 30 to 35 Minutes.
Serves : 6 to 8 Rotis.