Here I have prepared Almonds Mysore Pak
All I used is Almonds, besan/channa flour, ghee, sugar and little cardamom.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Ingredients :Besan / Channa flour : 2 Cups
Sugar : 1 3/4 or 2 Cups
Ghee : 1 Cup
Cardamom : 5 to 6 Pods
Almonds : 1 Cup
Water : 1/2 Cup
Method :1. Dry roast besan till the raw smell disappear.
2. Powder almonds and keep it aside.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and put sugar and half cup of water.
5. Let sugar dissolve in water completely. Add a tsp spoon of ghee.
6. It starts to bubble. Let it boil for 2 minutes. See that it gets one string consistency.
7. Add roasted besan /channa flour and powdered almonds. ( Let the flame be very low)..
8. Stir nicely and see that there are no lumps. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of ghee and stir.
9. The ghee you pour mixes well with besan and sugar mixture. Continue stirring and adding ghee in between. 5 to 6 minutes or little more.
10. Slowly the colour changes in to slight golden brown. Leave the mixture for 10 seconds and stir again slowly but do not allow the mixture to burn at the bottom.
11. Let the mixture slowly come up slightly. Stir again. Do this process at least 4 to 5 times. ( Strictly on low flame ). Add powdered cardamom and mix it again. It starts to leave the edges.
12. Allow the mixture to slowly come up again and pour this mixture to a ghee spread tray or plate.
13. Spread it nicely and leave it to cool. Cut Almond Mysore Pak once it is completely cooled.
14. Serve or enjoy eating these delicious Almond Mysore Pak pieces. Store it in a airtight box.
The sugar should melt completely before it gets in to syrup consistency. One should prepare this Almond Mysore Pak on low flame. Adding more ghee is optional. Almond Mysore Pak should be cut in to pieces only when it cools completely.
Time : 30 Minutes.
25 to 30 pieces can be made : According to size and shape.