Let us see some benefits of Spring Onions :
Spring Onion bulbs are good in taste and rich in nutrients. Spring onions are very much used in Chinese traditional medicines. They are rich in sulfur and it provides lots of health benefits to us. They are low in calorie.
Spring Onion adds taste to the food. It lowers and controls the blood sugar level. It is good for medicine for common cold. It is good for digestion. It also helps to control the blood circulation in our body. They help to lower the cholesterol level in our body. They help in regulating metabolism in our body. It has good amount of Anti - bacterial properties and helps to fight against cold and flu. Spring Onions are good for treating eye disease and eye problems.
They are rich in vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, Vitamin A and Vitamin K. They are good source of copper, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, manganese and fiber.
Let us see the recipe Now :
This side dish Spicy Spring Onion Dry Curry is good to go with almost all the main dishes. Yummy with hot rice and a spoon of fresh ghee. Also goes well with any type of roti, nan, pulka, or pooris.
Ingredients :Spring Onion : 1 Big Bundle
Green chilly : 2
Lemon : 1/2 ( One teaspoon )
Roasted Chenna : 2 Tablespoons
Pepper Pods : 6 to 8
Jeera /Cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Turmeric Powder : A pinch
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6 leaves.
Method :1. Wash nicely and cut Spring Onion leaves and bulb into small. Wash green chilly and slit.
. Dry grind roasted chenna / hurikadale /putani /Pottu kadale, jeera and pepper pods.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and put oil. Add mustard seeds, jeera/curmin seeds.
4. Let it splutter. Add curry leaves and green chilly. Fry for a while.
5. Add cut spring onions and fry nicely. Do not use water. Lower the flame. Stir in between.
6. When leaves turn soft add salt, dry ground roasted chenna, turmeric powder.
7. Mix it slowly and let it cook on low flame for at least 5 minutes. Stir in between so that it does not get burnt at the bottom.
8. See that all the moisture disappear. Shift the ready Spicy Spring Onion Dry Curry to a serving dish.
Note :Do not add any water while cooking. Spring Onion contain lots of water in it and it helps the leaves to cook. Adding any other spices is optional. Adding extra onions or garlic is optional. No need to add any coconut to the curry.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3.