Let us see some benefits of having Jeera /Cumin Seeds in our diet.
Jeera /Cumin Seeds promotes digestion. Cumin seeds are rich in iron. It is filled with antioxidant properties and they help to protect from free radicals. Jeera is good for controlling diabetes. Cumin seeds help to improve blood cholesterol. They fight against inflammation. It boost immunity to our body. Takes good care of skin and hair. It prevents anemia and good for bone health.It helps in relaxing and good sleep. It has the qualities of antifungal, antimicrobial properties and it helps in natural way of healing. It is good for improving our memory.
It is very easy, quick, simple and healthy. You can have them with pickle /Chutney powder/curd Coriander leaves chutney. Choice is yours.
You can pack this Mooli - Aloo Parota to kids snack or lunch box. You can also take it for travelling.
It is good for breakfast and also for dinner or brunch.
Eating spices will certainly damage your liver .Eating less spice helps you to stay healthy.
NO Onion or NO Garlic is used here in this Mooli - Aloo Parota.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Radish : 2 Medium sized
Aloo/ Potato : 2 to 3 /Small ones
Jeera Powder/Cumin Seeds Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Red chilly Powder : 1 Teaspoon
Coriander leaves : 1 Handful /3 to 4 Tablespoons
Salt : As required
Oil : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Wheat flour : 3 Cups
Method :1. Wash and boil potatoes in pressure cooker and remove its outer layer after it cools.
2. Wash and scrape out the skin of mooli / radish and grate it and keep it aside.
3. Now take a big bowl, add grated mooli, boiled potatoes and mix it well. Smash potatoes nicely.
4. Add wheat flour, salt, chilly powder and cumin powder/jeera powder. Mix all the ingredients and prepare parota dough. Use of water only if requires.
5. Add a tablespoon of oil and kneed the dough well. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Divide the dough in small portions and make as ball.
7. Keep little dry wheat flour in a small bowl.
8. Take a small portion of the dough and dip in dry wheat flour and roll it with a chapati roller.
9. Keep a pan on the fire and heat.
10. Put rolled parota on the hot pan. Sprinkle little oil on the top.
11. Cook for a minute and turn the other side and cook.
12. Parota is ready to serve.
13. Repeat the same and prepare remained parotas.
14. Serve with your choice of side dish. We had it with curd, chutney powder and pickle.
Note :Use of water should only if required. Radish and boiled potatoes do contain water. So first mix the flour nicely with grated radish and boiled and smashed potatoes. You can prepare parotas as soon as you prepare the dough. Adding ghee instead of oil is optional. I have added oil. Adding more chilly powder is optional. Adding more spice is not good for health. Use of more oil to prepare parotas is optional.
Time : Preparation 15 minutes.
Preparing parota 15 minutes : Total time 30 minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4.