It was a lunch party for our family. A sort of get together. I prepared this Kabooli - Mango Rice and other traditional dishes like Potato curd curry, Sambar, Rasam and other dishes. It was typical South Canara dishes and we did enjoy eating together.
Kabooli Channa - Mango Tokku can be prepared for lunch, dinner, party time, one dish, kitty party time.
All you need is to soak kabooli channa over night and next morning, use pressure cooker to cook Channa. Let it be soft. It takes 8 to 10 minutes to cook nicely. Once it is cooled we can use them.
As I said it is simple Rice dish and you can prepare it quickly, if you have already cooked channa dal and plain rice.
NO ONION OR NO GARLIC RECIPE....
Cooked Raw Rice : 2 Cups
Boiled Kabooli Channa : 1 Cup
Mango Tokku / Lemon Extract / One lemon : : 1 Tablespoon
Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Ghee : 2 Tablespoons
Green chilly : 2
Grated Ginger : 1 Tablespoon
Fresh grated coconut : 1 Cup
Salt : As Required
Method :1. Take a big pan and keep it on the fire. Add oil.
2. Add mustard seeds, urid dal and let mustard seeds splutter.
3. Add slit green chilly, mango tokku fry for a minute.
4. Add curry leaves and cooked channa. Mix it nicely and stir for a minute.
5. Add cooked rice, required salt and mix it well and cook on low flame. Add a tablespoon of ghee.
6. Add grated coconut and mix it. Shift it to a serving dish.
7. Serve with a cup of curd or as you wish.
8. I prepared this Kabooli Channa - Mango Rice for our family get together lunch.
Note :You can add fried cashews or ground nuts while mixing. Adding ghee and coconut adds to the taste.You can also use powdered tamarind or lemon extract instead of Mango tokku. Add lemon extract, just before adding coconut
Time : 20 Minutes.