I have used home grown palak which I got from my pot and used a carrot and a cup of pumpkin gratings. I also used coconut to make the fry more tasty.
Let us see some benefits of eating Palak /Spinach leaves in our diet.
Palak /Spinach is loaded with vitamins, minerals, nutrients and antioxidants. Palak is rich in insoluble fiber and good for people who suffer from constipation. Palak leaves contain potassium, magnesium and vitamin B6, B9 and Vitamin E. It is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, floic acid, iron and calcium. Palak is good for good skin health and our immune system.
Palak - Pumpkin Fry is mild spicy curry and it has No garlic or No onion.
Let us see the recipe now :
To Fry :
Palak/Spinach : 1 Bundle
Carrot grating : 1 Carrot
Pumpkin Gratings : 1 Cup (1/4 of 1 small pumpkin)
To Add :
Salt : As required
Turmeric powder : A pinch
Chilly powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Coconut Grating : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves and green chilly : 1
Method :1. Wash and cut palak leaves and keep it aside.
2. Wash and scrape out the outer layer and grate carrot and keep it aside.
3. Peel off the pumpkin hard layer and grate the vegetable and keep it aside.
4. Grate coconut and Wash and slit green chilly and cut curry leaves.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and put oil. Let it get hot. Add mustard seeds and jeera.
6. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add 1 slit green chilly. Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
7. Add curry leaves and cut palak leaves. Stir slowly and let it get soft. ( Fry on low flame).
8. Add grated carrot and stir slowly.
9. Add pumpkin gratings and stir for 5 to 6 minutes. ( On low flame).
10. Add salt and red chilly powder and mix it nicely.
11. Add coconut gratings and put off the fire.
12. Shift the Palak - Pumpkin Fry to a serving dish and enjoy as one of the side dish.
Note.You can add more carrots. (Optional). You can add more chilly. Do not add any water. Fry on low flame. Adding coconut is optional.
You can have this fry with chapati as chapati roll. You can also keep this fry in the middle of the bun and place some cucumber and have it. Adding any other spices is optional. I always like to have mild khara so that I use very little chilly in my cooking.
Time : 10 Minutes
Serves : 2 To 3.