I have used simple spices and Palak Leaves and besan/channa flour. No cooking soda or baking powder or hot oil poured in it. Just mix it well and fry them in the oil. One should eat them when they are hot to get the best taste.
Winter has started and its cold outside, some time it rains too. We crave for these fried dishes especially when it is too cold. So craving for the fried dish? It is easy, quick and yummy. Try and enjoy.
Let us see the recipe now:
Things Needed :Palak Leaves/Spinach : 1 Small Bundle
Besan/Channa flour : 1 Cup
Red chilly Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Salt : To taste
Oil: To Fry : 1 Cup
Method :1.Wash and cut palak leaves and put it in a big bowl.
2. Add red chilly powder, channa flour, jeera/cumin seeds and salt.
3. Mix it with your fingers first and then add very little water. Mix it nicely.
4. Keep a frying pan on the fire and heat.
5. Take a handful of dough and leave out small size of dough in hot oil.
6. Fry on medium flame on both sides.
7. Remove the pakodas from oil and put it on a kitchen tissue. It absorbs oil.
8. Serve Hot Palak Pakodas with a cup of coffee or tea.
Note :Do not add more water while mixing the dough. Adding any other spice is optional. Adding onions to the dough along with palak leaves is optional. Taste differ.
Time : 15 Minutes
Serves : 2 to 3