Saagu /Curry done to eat with Pooris. Yep, you need some thing yummy to have hot hot fluffy Pooris.
I have used Sweet Potatoes, potatoes, carrots as vegetables and some spices to add the taste and health.
As usual I have not added any onions or garlic to this Yummy Sweet Potato Saagu/Curry. This saagu is one of the yummy side dish which goes well with chapatis, dosas, rotis idli, plain rice etc.
No Onion and No Garlic Curry.Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :To Cook :
Sweet Potato : 2 Medium sized
Potato : 2 Medium sized
Carrots : 2 Medium sized
To grind :
Fresh grated coconut : 1 Bowl /4 to 5 tbs
Green chilly : 2 to 3 (mild spices)
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Coriander Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Coriander leaves : 1 Handful
Ginger : An inch
Cooking Oil : 2 Tsps
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
Ingh : A little
To Add :
Salt : As required.
Method :1. Wash and remove the outer layer of sweet potatoes, potatoes and scrape out carrots outer layer.
2. Wash ginger and remove the outer layer. Wash it again and cut into pieces.
3. Cut the vegetables into small and put it in a cooker and cook. Let it cool.
4. Grate coconut and grind it with jeera/cumin seeds, green chilly, an inch of ginger, coriander leaves and coriander seeds.
5. Keep the cooked vegetables on the fire and add salt. Mix it well and cook for a minute.
6. Add ground coconut spice mixture, and little turmeric. Mix it well and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Shift the ready Sweet Potato Saagu to a serving dish and add jeera , ingh, curry leaves seasoning.
8. Mix it well and serve it with Hot poori or choice of your main dish.