Friday, October 4, 2019
Sunday, November 4, 2018
Things Needed :
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
It is a healthy laddu because I have used jaagery, Oats, Raagi/Finger Millet combination is a good combination.
I have used groundnuts, roasted channa, jaggery, Ragi and Oats.
Lets see some benefits of having " Roasted Channa" in our diet.
Roasted channa is eaten as it is some time. They are rich in protein, fiber, minerals and fatty acids. They are low in fat and packed with energy. It helps to keep the blood sugar levels stable. They are rich in calcium, potassium and magnesium.
Lets see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Raagi/Finger Millet : 2 Cups
Oats : 3 to 4 Cups
Jaggery : 2 Cups (Grated)
Dates : 5 to 6
Almonds : 6 to 8
Raisins : 1 Handful
Groundnuts : 1 Small Cup
Roasted Channa : 1/2 Cup
Ghee : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Kobbari/Copra/Dry Coconut : 1 (Medium size)
Method :1. Keep all the ingredients ready. Cut almonds and dates into small.
2. Powder jaggery (or cut into small pieces).
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat.
5. Add a tablespoon of ghee and let it melt. Put raisins and fry till they get fluffy.
6. Remove the raisins from the pan, add ragi flour and fry till the raw smell disappear. ( 4 to 5 minutes).
7. Remove and put the ragi flour in a big bowl.
9. Shift the roasted oats to a plate and let it cool. Dry grind it into powder.
11. Sieve this content and throw away the dirt.
12. Put liquid jaggery in the pan and keep it ready.
13. Dry grind almonds and cut dates and add it to the roasted ragi flour. Just give a churn (grind a little) to roasted channa. (Do not powder it).
14. Dry grind roasted groundnuts slightly. (Do not powder it). Add it with other ingredients.
15. Now keep liquid jaggery on the fire and let it boil and get one string consistency.
16. It starts bubbling. Let it bubble for 2 minutes.
17. Boil for another 1 to 2 minutes and put all the roasted, powdered ingredients.
18. Add powdered dry coconut and roasted chenna (Huri kadale), groundnuts and mix it well.
19. Mix it well and put off the fire. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of ghee.
20. Mix it nicely and prepare Laddu/Unde.
21. Take a handful of mixed ingredients and try to give a round shape.
22. Keep them in a glass bottle or clean air tight box.
Note :Adding more jaggery is optional. Powdering the ground nut is optional. It adds to the taste.
Adding more ghee is optional. It adds to the taste.
If you find hard to turn them as round shape then add little hot water or milk. It eases and mix all the ingredients nicely. Or you can add melted ghee to the flour.
You can also use melted ghee to add moisture to the ingredients. Divide the ingredients in to small portion. Add a spoon of ghee to each portion at times and mix that nicely and prepare laddu.
60 to 70 Small laddu can be prepared. : I have prepared these laddus for Navarathri feast.
Time : 40 Minutes.
Monday, October 31, 2016
This is one of the recipe that should be very careful and must do it on low flame.
Let us see the recipe Now
Besan /Channa flour : 1 Cup
Ghee : 1. 5 Cup (1 and 1/2 Cup)
Sugar : 2 Cups
Milk Powder : 2 Tablespoons Full
Horlicks : 1 Cup
1. Roast besan nicely with a tablespoon of ghee. Shift it to a tray.
2. Put sugar and add 1/3 cup of water. Mix it well and stir. Let it melt.
4. Add roasted besan/channa flour when it turns into a thread consistency. (One string consistency).
5. Keep mixing and add 1/4 cup of ghee and stir.
6, Stirring should be done continuously. Add ghee in between.
8. The content starts coming up. Add milk powder and stir.
9. Add horlicks and stir and mix it well.
11. Just press it evenly with a spatula or a spoon.
12. Cut it according to your wish when it slightly cools down.
You should do the whole process on a low flame. You can dry roast instead of frying the besan flour at first. Melt the ghee just before using. The content starts to leave out the ghee you put. That indicates Mysorepaak is ready. One should be very careful or it turns as chocolate. (Hard). You can use your choice of horlicks. (I used plain horlicks). It is better to cut it once it is slightly cooled.
Time : 25 to 30 Minutes.
Serves : According to your wish. (25 to 30 Pieces can be made).
Do watch the video for complete recipe.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
|READY TO SERVE RAVA HAALUBAI.|
Fresh or tender coconut, jaggery, cardamom and rice all these ingredients are grind together and mixed well ( Stir) for some time until it gets thicken. The stirring process is done till it thickens. Adding little by little ghee will enhance the taste and it is one of the healthy food I can say. As I said earlier it can be prepared using any one of the following grain like wheat, (whole or powdered), Raagi (whole or powdered) and rice.
I have used tender coconut pulp along with fresh coconut and it has added a flavour to Halubai. Instead of rice I have used this time Medium sized Rava. Roasted rava slightly and added the ground coconut and jaggery with cardamom.
Rava (Semolina) is better than rice though it contain carbohydrates.
This is an easy recipe and anybody can try this Rava Haalubai and enjoy eating as snack or munch any time of the day.
Things Needed :Rava (Semolina) Medium size : 2 Cups
Coconut : 1 Cup
Tender coconut pulp : 1small cup (or 1 tender coconut pulp).
Jaggery : 1 Cup
Ghee : 1/2 Cup
Cardamom : 4 to 5 pods.
Method :1. Dry roast Rava and keep it aside.
2. Grate coconut and grind it with cardamom pods. (Remove the outer skin and then use).
4. Keep jaggery in a pan and add 1/2 glass of water in a pan. Let it melt a little.
5. Now keep the pan on the fire and stir and let it dissolve nicely. Sieve this jaggery mixture and keep the clean jaggery aside.
8. Mix it well and start stirring. Add little ghee in between and mix it well.
9 The mixture starts leaving the pan that showsHaalubai is cooked and done. Add remaining ghee and stir it for 2 to 3 minutes..
10. Pour the ready Haalubai (Halwa) to the ghee greased plate and spread it nicely.
12. Serve the cut pieces with ghee.
Note :Remember add required water. ( 1 = 1/2). Adding more water will result the Haalubai too soft and it will not taste good.
You can use Big banana leaf instead of a plate or tray. Adding more or less jaggery is optional.
Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 30 pieces can be made.
Sweet Guli Appa is any time munching food. I do prepare this Sweet Guli Appa very often and was not able to click a pic. We just love to mu...
My name is Nalini Somayaji. Teaching is my profession. Cooking is my passion. Reading, travelling, visiting new places, having fun with kids are some of the hobbies I can say. My recipes are Healthy, quick, easy and simple. Grown up being a traditional family member I love and respect Indian culture and traditions. Love classical dance and music.
Learn More →