Jackfruit Kesari baath/Sheera is a sweet dish prepared using Jackfruits which I got from my sister.
I have used jackfruits, jaggery (Joni bella), cardamom pods, ghee and saffron.
Jackfruit trees not only provide fruits as food, the roots of the tree holds water which pour down during the rainy season. It is so sad that the forest is cut down and made bare land for the greedy man. The rain has reduced due to cut down of trees and deforestation and rain water is simply runs through the land and gets into seas.
Jackfruits are good source of potassium and have low cholesterol levels.
Let us see The Recipe Now :
Things needed :Jackfruits : 10 to 15
Rava/Semolina : Medium size : 1 1/2 Cup
Jaggery : 3/4 Cup
Ghee 3/4 Cup
Cardamom Pods : 5 to 6
Boiling Water : 3 Cups
Cashew Nuts and Raisins : 1 Handful
saffron flakes : 5 to 6
1. Put 2 to 3 Tbs of ghee in a big frying pan and keep it on the fire. Let it melt.
2. Add cashews and raisins and fry. Powder cardamom and keep it aside.
3. Add rava and fry till the raw smell disappear. Cut jackfruits in to small pieces.
4. Add jackfruits and fry for a minute. Add boiling water and mix it slowly. Let it cook on low flame.
5. Once it is thicken add jaggery and stir continuously and slowly.
6. Add saffron flakes and remained ghee. Mix it well and cook on low flame. Add cardamom powder.
7. Shift the ready Jackfruit Kesari to a serving dish and serve.
Note:Cut jackfruit into small pieces. Rava/Semolina should be fried nicely till the raw smell disappear to get good Kesari texture. Adding more ghee is optional. Adding food colour instead of saffron is optional. I have added Joni Jaggery. (Liquid jaggery). You can use store bought jaggery , then powder it and use it. Powdering jaggery helps the jaggery to melt easily and quickly.
Time : 30 to 35 Minutes.