Banana fritters are fried sweets that is good for tea time, easy snack in the evening and it satisfies your crave for fried snacks.
It is always better to use ripe banana to get good fritters. It mixes well with the batter.
I have used milk, ripe banana, a little sugar and maida.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Bananas : Ripe Banana : 2
Maida : 1 Cup
Chiroti Rava/Thin Semolina : 2 to 3 Tbs
Jaggery : 2 To 3 Tablespoons
Sesame Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Milk : 1/2 Cup
Cardamom : 2 to 3 Pods
Salt : A pinch
Cooking Soda : A pinch
Oil : 1 Cup
Method :1. Take a bowl and put banana (remove the skin) and smash nicely.
Powder jaggery and mix all the ingredients nicely. ( Add milk, powdered jaggery, a pinch of salt and sesame seeds).
2 Mix it nicely and add rava and maida. Mix it slowly.
3. Mix it well and keep it aside for 5 minutes. Powder or crush cardamom and add it to the batter and mix it well.
4. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Add oil and let it get hot. (Medium flame).
5. Add cooking soda and mix it nicely once again.
6. Take a handful of the batter and leave in oil in small portions. Cook till it turns golden brown.
7. Turn the other side and cook.
8. Take out from the oil and put it on a kitchen tissue.
9. Repeat the same and prepare sweet fritters.
10. Serve with a cup of Coffee / Tea or your choice of drink.
Note :You need to mix all the ingredients nicely.
Cook on low and medium flame.
Adding more sugar is optional.
Add cooking soda at the end. (A pinch of soda is more than enough)
Time : 30 Minutes