Recently I got these cow peas/ Alasande and prepared yummy curry. It is delicious to have with all most all the main dishes.
Alasande Dal is simple dish and it is quick also.
I have used Fresh cow peas pods, little toor dal, home made sambar powder/huli pudi,
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :To Cook :
Cow Peas : 1 Bowl
Toor dal : 1/2 Cup
To Add :
Tamarind Pulp : 1 Tablespoon
Sambar Powder : 1 Tablespoon
Green chilly : 1
Turmeric powder : A pinch
Methi /G=Fenugrik Seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Salt : As required
Coriander Leaves : 1 Tablespoon
Coconut grating : 2 Tablespoons
Cooking Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh /Asafoetida : A pinch
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and cook toor dal and Cow peas in a pressure cooker. Leave it for cooling.
2. Wash and cut coriander leaves, slit green chilly
3. Now keep a pan on the fire and put cooked cow peas, toor dal and 1/4 tsp methi seeds.
4. Add turmeric powder, slit green chilly and salt. Mix it well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add home made sambar powder and mix it well. Let it cook on low flame.
6. Shift the Alsande Dal to a serving dish.
7. Add mustard seasoning and grated coconut on the top. Mix it well and serve.
Note :Use of moong dal instead of toor dal is optional.
Use of coconut is optional. It adds to the taste.
Cooking on the pressure cooker helps the food to quick fast.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 .
Home Made Sambar Powder/ಹುಳಿ ಪುಡಿ For 1 Time only.Dry roast , 2 tbsp of coriander seeds, 1 tsp of urid dal and 1 tsp of channa dal, 4 to 5 byadagi chilly, 1/2 tsp of jeera, 1/4 tsp of methi seeds, a small piece of cinnamon. Add 2 tbs of kobbari
Dry grind it once it is cooled.