I do try and varieties of laddu/laadu/unde and though it looks same it has different ingredients and is mostly available at your home store.
Here in this laddu I have used Oats with its husk and Ragi flour. Dates and jaggery , handful of raisins and cashews.
Let us see some benefits of eating Dates in our diet.Dates helps in boost energy and increasing iron in our body. They help in digestion. They are rich in fiber and contain various nutrients. They are loaded with antioxidants. They have good amount of anti inflammatory properties. Dates help in balancing blood sugar level. They help in reducing blood pressure. They are said to good brain booster. They contain minerals like, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, magnesium and zinc. They do have vitamins like, folate, thiamin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A and Vitamin K.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Things Needed :Oats : 500 Grams
Ragi/Finger Millet : 3 Cups
Ghee : 1 Small Cup
Dates : 20 to 30 or 250 grams or little more
Raisins and Cashews : 1 Handful
Jaggery : 250 Grams : 1 Cup (Powdered).
Method :1. Dry roast Oats and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast ragi flour till the raw flavour disappear.
3. Dry grind Oats and keep it aside.
4. Remove the seeds from dates and cut or smash it nicely.
5. Keep a pan on the fire and put 1/2 cup of water. Add jaggery and let it melt nicely.
6. Sieve jaggery mixture and Put cleaned jaggery to a pan.
7. Boil liquid jaggery till it get one string consistency.
8. Let it boil for 2 minutes. Add powdered Oats and Ragi/finger millet flour to it.
9. Mix it nicely and take out from the fire. Add ghee
10. Add cut dates and mix it nicely and handful of cashews and raisins. Mix it thoroughly.
11. Dry Grind this mixture including dates, cashews and raisins. ( Do not grind for a long time. Just churn twice or thrice).
12. Put the ground mixture to a big bowl. Mix it nicely and prepare laddus.
13. Serve or munch when ever you crave for some sweets.
14. Store in a glass jar or air tight boxes.
Note :No coconut is used in this Oats and finger millet Laddu recipe. Adding cardamom is optional.
If the mixture turns dry, please do add some melted ghee or drops of hot milk. It helps to prepare laddu easily. Ghee used laddu shelf life is more and the taste does not change.
If laddu turns more moisture stir the laddu mixture little more.
Time : 40 Minutes
Serves : 50 Laddu can be made.
Use of more jaggery is optional.
Use of less/more ghee is optional.