Use of pressure cooker helps to bind the curry well. It is quick and easy too.
No onion OR No Garlic is used in this Dil leaves - Fresh Alsande Curry.
Fresh Alsande in this season are full of healthy nutritious content. It is always better to use seasonal pods and vegetables.
Let us see the recipe.
I have used :Dil Leaves : 1 Small bundle
Amaranth leaves : Green : 2 Small bundles
Green chilly : 2 to 3
Ginger : An inch /Grated
Alsande pods/Fresh cow peas : 1/2 Kg
Tomatoes : 3 to 4
Salt : As required
To Season :
Cooking Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Methi Seeds : 1/4 Teaspoon
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Turmeric powder : A little
Method :1. Wash and clean the leaves nicely and cut into small.
2 Remove the pods and wash it once. Wash curry leaves and make pieces using your fingers.
3. Wash green chilly and slit. Wash and remove the outer layer of ginger and wash it again. Grate it.
4. Wash and cut tomatoes and remove the seeds as much as you can. Cut them into small.
5. Now keep a pressure cooker on the fire and heat. Add oil, mustard seeds and methi seeds.
6. Let mustard seeds splutter. Add jeera, ingh, curry leaves and fry for a second.
7. Add cut tomatoes and fry for a minute. Add cut leaves, slit green chilly, turmeric powder and grated ginger.
8. Add cow peas/Alasande pods and mix it. Add a glass of water and close the pressure cooker lid.
9. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Put of the fire and leave it for cooling.
10. Open the lid and mix all things nicely. Add required salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Shift the ready Dil leaves - Fresh Alsande Curry to a serving bowl.
12. Serve with the choice of your main dish. We had it Dil Leaves - Fresh Alsande Curry for our lunch.
Note :The leaves and pods should be cooked well to get a good taste. You can add little garam masala. It adds to the taste. I did not use it. Use of onions or garlic is optional. It is like a mudde palya /Thick dry curry. To get a thick curry you need to cook it till it gets thick. Use of less water helps the curry to be thick too. I have kept a small plate on the top of leaves. No Dal is used here.
Time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4 .
The advice is : Place a cover on the food. It is always safe. ( The lead used around the whistle pipe spills lead to food and cause health problems.