All I used is the normal ingredients, like Avarekai, onions, ginger, coconut, green chilly and Rava/Semolina.
It is one of the simple but yummy rotti that is good for breakfast, dinner or even as snack.
Rava /Semolina is filled with minerals and vitamins. It is a coarse powder of dhurum wheat.
Rava keeps you full for a long time because it is digested slowly. It takes care of your blood sugar and blood pressure.
Let us see the recipe now :
Ingredients :Rava /Semolina : Medium sized : 2 Cups
Curd : 1 Cup
Onions : 2 Medium sized
Curry leaves : Handful
Coriander leaves : Handful
Green chilly : 2
Ginger : An inch
Cooked Avarekai : 1 Bowl : 250 gr.
Coconut : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Normal water : As required
Cooking Oil : 3 to 4 Tbs
Method :1. Wash curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly and cut into small pieces.
2. Wash and cook field beans and keep it ready.
3. Remove the outer cover of onions and wash it, Cut into small pieces.
4.Remove the outer layer of ginger and wash it again. Grate it and keep it aside.
5. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
6. Take a big bowl and put all the ingredients like coconut, cooked field beans, grated ginger, grated coconut, salt, cut onions, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
7. Add rava/semolina and curd. Mix it nicely. Add required water and prepare rotti batter.
8. Let it be bit liquid consistency. It helps in making thin rotti. Leave the batter for 10 minutes.
9. Keep a dosa pan on the fire. Let the flame be very low. Heat and put a tsp of oil. Spread the oil around.
10. Take a handful of rotti batter and spread it around the pan as a circle shape.
11. After spreading the batter increase flame to medium. Let the rotti cook for a minute.
12. Turn the other side and cook. Crispy rotti is ready to serve. Prepare the rest of the rotti.
13. Serve with the side dish you have prepared.
14. Add ghee or butter on the top just before serving.
Note :Let the batter consistency be little thicker than idli batter. It should not be very watery. Adding more chilly or any other ingredients is optional. Use of more oil is optional. Use of cooked Avarekai is better to add since use of raw field beans do not cook fast.
Time :30 Minutes.
Serves : 2 to 3 .