Suddenly the Kachori came into mind. So it was tried and thats how we got to have Yummy Kachoris for our evening snack.
Kachoris are very famous in Rajastan., Gujrat and in most parts of North India. It is also one of the street food in many places in India. It is one of the yummy filling snack too.
Kachori is always done with moong, aloo or even whole moong. The moong is cooked and spices added to it and then used as stuffing and the outer layer will be normally maida.
Here I have used Rava /thin variety of semolina and the kachori turned as crispy and yummy.
Let us see the The recipe Now :
Things Needed :Cabbage + Moong dry curry : 1 Bowl
Chiroti rava /Thin variety of Semolina : 11/2 Cup
Ghee : 1 Tablespoon
Salt : As required
Jeera /Cumin seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Oil : 1 Cup
Method :1. Take a big bowl and add chiroti rava, 1 tbs of ghee, salt and jeera.
2. Mix all the ingredients nicely and kneed the dough well. It should be soft.
3.Now divide the dough into small and roll as small poori.
4. Fill in the dry curry and bring all the edges to middle and press a little.
5. Flatten a bit and keep the ready to fry kachori on a plate.
6. Prepare the stuffed kachoris and arrange them in a plate.
7. Keep a pan on the fire and add oil. Let it get hot.
8. Now fry the done kachoris one by one on medium and low flame.
9. Let it turn golden brown on both sides.
10. Remove it from hot oil and put it on a kitchen tissue.
11. Fry all the kachoris the same way.
12. Serve Kachoris with ketchup or chutney.
Note :Remember to use the good curry. It should be completely thick.( No moisture content). Use of wheat flour instead of rava is optional. Use of garam masala to dry curry is optional.
Time : 30 Mintues
Serves : 8 to 10 Kachoris can be prepared.
Preparing Cabbage + Moong Dal CurryWash and cut cabbage into very small. 1 Small bowl
Wash and dry roast moong dal and cook till they turn soft.
Now keep a pan on the fire add oil, mustard seeds, jeera and fry. Add curry leaves and green chilly.
Add cut cabbage and fry on low flame. Add cooked moong dal, required salt and stir nicely. Let all the moisture dry completely. Add grated coconut and mix it well.