I have used medium rava/semolina, a cup of curd and a small cup of Oats.
The idli turns very soft and spongy and yum to have it.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Rava/Semolina : 3 Cups
Oats : 1 Small Cup
Curd : 1 Cup ( Better to Use savoury curd)
Salt : As required
Water : As required
Eno Salt : 1 Teaspoon
For Seasoning : 1 Tsp Oil
Mustard seeds : 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 8 to 10
Method :1. Take a big bowl. Add Rava, curd, salt and mix it well.
2. Add oats and required water and mix the batter nicely to Idli batter consistency.
3. Add seasoning done with mustard seeds, curry leaves and cashews. (optional).
4. Let the batter settle for 5 minutes.
5. Wash idli plates and apply ghee for each plate.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of Eno salt and mix the batter nicely.
7. Put the batter to idli plate and steam for 10 minutes. ( Pressure cooker or idli steamer).
8. Remove the done idlis and sprinkle some water on idli and take it out to a bowl.
9. Serve hot idli with ghee, sambar and coconut chutney.
Note :Use of savoury curd results good idlis. Use of cooking soda instead of Eno is optional.
Time : 20 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 .