Dodda Patre: 8 to 10
Besan : (Channa Powder): 1 /2 Cup
Rice Flour: 1 Table spoon
Chilly Powder: 1 Tea spoon
Salt: as required
Cooking Soda: a pinch
Jeera : 1 Tea spoon
Ingh (Asafoetida): a pinch.
Oil: 1 Cup
1. Wash Dodda Patre leaves and keep it aside.
2. Put besan and rice flour in a bowl. Add salt red chilly powder and jeera. Mix it nicely.
3. Add needed water. Mix it nicely . The consistency should be like Idly dough.
4. Add a pinch of cooking soda and mix it nicely.
5. Keep a pan on the fire. Put oil and heat.
6. Dip Doddi Patre leaf one by one in the besan - rice flour dough and fry it in the oil. Fry both side of the bajji till slightly golden colour and remove from the oil.
7. Repeat the same with the remaining leaves.
8. Serve with any kind of chutney or ketchup when Doddi Patre Bajjis are hot.
Note: Fry the bajji on the medium heat. The dough should be like idli consistency. You can use little garam masala with chilly powder to give a spicy taste.(1/4 tea spoon).
Serves : 2 to 3
Time : 15 Minutes.
Dodda Patre is known as Patharchur in Hindi, Panikkurukka in Malayalam , Pan ova in Marathi , Pashanabhedi in Sanskrite and karpuravalli in Tamil. Dodda patre soppu is also called as Saviara Sambara.