I have used cooked pumpkin pieces, curd, seasoned with mustard seeds, ingh, green chilly and curry leaves.
Let us see some benefits of eating PUMPKIN in our diet.Pumpkin is a type of winter squash, is filled with vitamins and minerals.
It is rich in antioxidant properties and helps to strengthen our immunity in our body. It is good for our eye health.It is low in calorie and good for people who are in diet. It is good for our heart health. It is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin E. It is full of fiber and good for people who suffer from constipation.Pumpkin is filled with minerals like potassium, iron, copper and manganese. It is also rich in protein and good for our skin health.
NO ONION or NO GARLIC DISH.
Good to prepare during festival, feast, fasting or family get together.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things Needed :Cooked Pumpkin pieces : 1 Bowl
Curd /Yogurt : 1 Cup
Salt : As required
Coconut Oil : 1 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Green chilly : 2
Curry Leaves : 5 to 6
Method :1. Wash and peel off the hard layer of the pumpkin and cut into pieces.
2. Cook and keep it aside. Let it cool. Wash and cut green chilly. Cut in to small pieces.
3. Now smash cooked pumpkin pieces nicely.
4. Add salt and a cup of curd.
5. Mix it well and shift it to a serving dish.
6. Add seasoning done in coconut oil, using mustard seeds, jeera/cumin seeds, cut green chilly, ingh and curry leaves.
7. Mix it and serve as one of the side dish.
Note :Pumpkin cooks quickly so no need to use the pressure cooker. (Optional).
Use of red chilly instead of green chilly is optional.
Use of any cooking oil is optional.
Use of savoury curd makes Mosaru bajji tastier.
Time : 10 minutes. (Pumpkin pieces should be cooked already).
Serves : 2 to 3 .