I have used Horse gram, mangalore cucumber, red byadagi chilly, ingh/asafoetida and coconut.
Let us see the recipe now "
Things neededHorse Gram : 1 Tablespoon full
Mangalore Cucumber : 1 Bowl
Coconut : 1 Cup
Red byadagi chilly : 4 to 5
Mango Tokku : 1 Tsp
Salt : As required
Coconut Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Tsp
ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
Method :1. Wash and cut cucumber, remove the pulp completely and cut cucumber into small and dip in a bowl full of water.
2. Remove the pieces from water and cut it into small pieces.
3. Keep a pan on the fire and add 1/4 tsp of oil and fry horse grams nicely till it gets crisp.
4. Add chilly and fry for a minute.
5. Add cut cucumber and fry for 2 to 3 minutes and put off the fire.
6. Add some curry leaves and ingh to the fried ingredients and let it cool. Add Mango tokku.
7. Grate coconut, grind it with fried ingredients and mango tokku.
8. Add required water while grinding. (The chutney should be thick).
9. Add salt and grind it for a few seconds.
10. Take out the chutney to a serving dish.
11. Prepare seasoning and add it to Chutney. Use coconut oil, mustard seeds, 1 red chilly, curry leaves and ingh/asafoetida.
12. Serve as one of the side dish.
Note :Dry roast or fry horse gram on low flame. Let it fry nicely. You can use the cucumber peel also to fry and grind. I have used the peel.
Soak cut cucumber in plain water to get rid of bitter taste.
Adding more chilly is optional. Use of coconut oil taste good. (Optional).
Time : 20 Minutes
Serves : 3 to 4 .