Here are some recipes of pakodas. 1.Ridge gourd skin pakodas and capsicum pakodas. I am sure the whole family have a chance to sit together and eat these Pakodas and have some fun too.
1. Ridge Gourd Skin Pakoda:
Things Needed :
Ridge gourd outer layers : 1 Cup.
Besan or Channa dal powder : 1 Cup
Rice flour : 1 Table spoon
Millet (Jawar) flour : 1 Table spoon.
Chilly Powder : 1 Tea spoon
Jeera : 1/2 Tea spoon
Salt : to taste
Ingh : a pinch
Oil : to fry : 1 Cup
1. Wash and remove the edges of the ridge gourd.
2. Cut the outer layer of the ridge gourd in to 2 to 3 inches and keep it aside.
3. Take a big bowl and put besan (channa dal flour), rice flour and millet powder. Now add chilly powder, jeera, salt and required water and mix all the ingredients nicely. ( The consistency should be little thicker than the usual dough).
4. Keep a pan on the fire. Put oil and heat.
5. Dip the ridge gourd outer layers in the besan mixture and fry them on medium heat till they are cooked or turn slightly brown. ( At time 4 to 5 bajjis can be prepared).
7. Serve them with ketchup or any kind of chutney or eat along with your lunch or dinner.
Note : Do not add any cooking soda or hot oil to the dough. Cook these bajjis on low and medium flame. ( in the beginning low and after 2 minutes it can be cooked on medium flame). Fry them on the both sides of the bajji. Karnataka these fried items are called as bajji and in north any fried items like potato, onions, bread or capsicum are also called as Pakodas.
Serves : 3 to 4
Time : 3o minutes.
2. Capsicum Pakodas
Things Needed :
Capsicum cuts : 1 Cup
The above said dough and the same method can be followed to prepare Capsicum Bajjis.
Time : 30 minutes.
Serve : 2 to 3