Idli batter is slightly different from dosa batter. Idli batter has more urid dal and the the rice used will be rava consistency.
Carrot Uttappa is good for breakfast, or in the evening or for dinner. Carrots are full of fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals.
- RAVA - URID IDLI To prepare Idli batter please follow the link given below
Let us see the recipe Now :
Ingredients :Idli Batter : 1 Bowl
Carrot : 1
Chilly Powder : 1/2 Tsp
Ginger : 1/2 Tsp
Salt : A little
Method :1. Wash and grate carrot, remove the outer layer of ginger and grate it.
2. Mix carrot and ginger gratings, salt and chilly powder nicely and keep it aside.
2. Keep a pan on the fire and heat. Clean it with a clean kitchen tissue.
3. Add very little oil and put a ladle of batter on the hot pan.
4. Add some grating mix and put a tsp of oil on top.
5. Cover and cook on medium or low flame.
6. Turn the other side and cook for a minute.
7. Take out the Carrot Uttappa from the pan and serve with your choice of side dish.
8. Prepare the same with remaining Uttappa.
Note :Rice Urid dal Idli batter link is given at the top. Please follow to get the good idli batter.
Use of oil is optional. Adding coriander and curry leaves is optional. I did not have the coriander leaves so could not add it. Better use less spice for good health. No onion or garlic is added because it might cause acidity. I am not in favour of onions and we do not use much onions.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 .