We from Udupi, normally use this rotti for lunch as one of the side dish. This colocasia rotti is eaten with coconut oil and the plain rice mixing together. The taste is lovely and you will surely enjoy the spicy taste.
Colocasia leaves are good for our body and it helps to protect our body from cold. The leaves are fiber rich.
Let us see the recipe Now :
Ingredients :Medium Size Rava/Semolina : 1 Cup
Colocasia leaves : 8 to 10
Coconut : 1/2 Cup
Coriander seeds : 1 Tbs full
Jeera /Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Tamarind : 1/2 Lemon size
Byadagi Chilly : 5 to 6
Ingh /Asafoetida : A little
Turmeric Powder : A pinch
Jaggery : 1 Tbs
Cooking Oil : 2 to 3 Tablespoons
Method :1. Wash and cut out the stick on the top of Colocasia leaves.
2. Cut the leaves into small.
3. Grate coconut and grind it with coriander seeds, tamarind, turmeric powder, jeera and byadagi chilly. Use required water. At last put jaggery and grind it for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Put 1 cup of Rava/Semolina in a big bowl. Add salt. Add ground mixture. Add cut colocasia leaves.
5. Mix all the ingredients nicely.
6. Keep a tava on fire and heat. Sprinkle some oil on the tava.
7. Spread a handful batter on hot tava like dosa. (Better use fingers to spread the batter on tava).
8. Add some oil on top and cook on medium and low flame.
9. Turn the other side and cook till it turns golden brown.
10. Take out from tava and serve Kesu /Colocasia Rava Rotti .
Note :Use of tamarind is a must. Adding more jaggery is optional.
Use of rice flour instead of rava is optional.
Time : 30 Minutes.
Serves : 3 to 4 Thin Rotti.