I just thought and remembered the curry that Leela dodda prepares and prepared this curry.
The combination of Spring onions and kesu leaves goes in hand and hand. the combination is also gives out the good taste.
I have used kesu leaves, spring onion leaves and the onions attached to the stem, rasam powder, coconut, tamarind and turmeric powder. Fried little urid dal and red chilly/byadagi chilly.
Let us see the recipe now :
Things needed :
To cook :
Spring Onions : 1 Small bundle
Kesu leaves : 10 to 15
To Fry :
Urid dal : 1 Teaspoon
Byadagi Red chilly : 3 to 4
Ingh/Asafoetida : A little
Curry Leaves : 6 to 8
To Add :
Cut onion pieces : 1 Small cup
Tamarind Pulp : 2 Tbs
Turmeric powder : A pinch
Salt : As required
Jaggery : 2 to 3 Tbs
To Grind :
Coconut : 1 Cup
Fried Urid mixture
To Season :
Oil : 1 Tablespoon
Mustard seeds : 1 /2 Tsp
Jeera/Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
Ingh /Asafoetida : A pinch
Method :1. Wash and cut kesu leaves, spring onion leaves and the onions at the edge.
2. Keep a pan add oil, mustard seeds and jeera. Soak tamarind in hot water and squeeze out the pulp.
3. Let it splutter. Add cut onions and fry for a minute. Add cut kesu leaves and spring onions.
4. Mix all the ingredients nicely and stir. Add tamarind pulp and salt. Add turmeric powder. Add 1/2 cup of water.
5. Add jaggery and 1/2 cup of water. Let the leaves cook till soft.
6. Grate coconut and keep it aside.
7. Keep a pan on the fire and add 1/2 tsp of oil. Fry urid dal and red chilly till the dal turns golden brown.
8. Add curry leaves and ingh. Add rasam powder and grated coconut. Let the mixture be cool.
9. Grind the coconut - urid dal mixture using little water.
10. See that the leaves are cooked till soft. Add ground coconut mixture and mix it well.
11. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and shift the curry to a serving dish.
12. Serve with plain rice or chapati or idli or dosa or any choice of your main dish.
Note :Do not use much water to grind. You can adjust the thickness of the curry by using less water.
Use of more jaggery is optional. One should use tamarind pulp to avoid itching feeling from kesu leaves. Use of more chilly is optional. Use of more oil is optional. It taste better but not good for health.
Time : 30 Minutes