Here is two varieties of kadubu Spicy and Sweet.
1. Kadubu stuffed with Moong and Cabbage Dry Curry and Jaggery - Coconut Stuffed.
Kadubu is a simple steamed dish.
Kadubu is prepared during festivals like Nagara Panchami, when they worship Naga devati /Snake. That festival falls during the Shravana month when the rain starts to slow down its pour. Shravana Month is very precious for Hindus. The month is full of festival, celebration and enjoyable time.
Normally Kadubu is done using raw rice and some prepare with Millets. I have tried this Kadubu with thin variety of rava/chiroti Rava.
There were some banana leaves and I thought of making use of it. So the YUMMY Kadubu is here.
I have prepared Both Spicy and Sweet Kadubu.
For spicy Kadubu - Cabbage and Moong dry curry
And the sweet Kadubu its usual Jaggery - Coconut Mix.
I had some cabbage - moong dry curry left which was done for lunch. The same curry was used for spicy Kadubu.
It is healthy Kadubu. It is simple and easy to preapre.
NO ONION OR GARLIC IS USED.
Let us see the recipe
Things Needed :Chiroti Rava / Thin Variety Rave/Semolina : 1 1/2 Cup
Water : 1 1/2 Cups
Salt : As required
Ghee : 1 Teaspoon
Cabbage - Moong Dal Dry Curry : 1 Small bowl.
Coconut - Jaggery Mix : 1 Small Bowl
Method :1. Keep 1 1/2 Glass of water to boil.
2. Add thin variety rave/chiroti rave/semolina and mix it well and stir it turns thick.
3. Allow it to cool. Kneed the dough well. Add 1 tsp of ghee and kneed it again.
4. Divide them as small portions.
5. Roll them with roller as thin as you like.
6. Place 1 tablespoon of spicy or sweet stuffing.
7. Fold the edges and place on piece of banana leaf.
8. Fold the banana leaf around the kadubu.
9. Arrange them in a bowl.
10. Steam in pressure cooker or idli cooker for 12 to 15 minuurwa.
11. Remove it from the bowl and arrange the kadubu on a tray or plate.
12. Serve with your choice of side dish and ghee.
Note :Use of banana leaf is optional. But it is said that use of banana leaf is healthy. Use of more spice is optional.
Use powder jaggery to mix it with grated coconut. It mixes well with fresh grated coconut.
Time : 30 Minutes : If Cabbage - Moong Dry Curry is ready.
Serves : 2 to 3
Preparing Cabbage - Moong Dry Palya :Wash and cut cabbage as thin and cook with 1/2 cup of moong dal. Season with mustard seeds, jeera, ingh, green chilly and curry leaves. Add cooked cabbage and moong dal and stir nicely and slowly.
Add salt. Mix it well and add grated coconut. Shift it to a serving dish.
Cabbage - Moong Dal Dry Curry is ready to Serve.
Made some Modakas with same dry curry and sweet mixture stuffings. It looks cute and definitely kids will surely love to eat them. So this idea of giving shape while preparing food definitely attract kids and you can say sweet and spicy Modakas.