You can see the vendor selling in the parks or any rest areas in India. Preparing Mandakki is different place has its own originality and they are specialized in doing it. Here is a simple Puri that you can munch without hesitating at any time of the day. It is prepared with less oil and mild spicy.
Try and enjoy
Things Needed :Puffed Rice: 1 Big Bowl.
Ground Nuts : 3 to 4 Tablespoons
Cooking Oil : 3 Tablespoons
Chilly powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Roasted chenna : 1 Tablespoon
Salt As required
Mustard seeds : 1/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric powder : A pinch .
Red chilly : 1
Curry Leaves : 6 yo 8
Method :1. Clean Puri/ Mandakki and keep it aside.
2. Keep a pan and heat. Add oil to it. \
3. Put mustard seeds and red chilly. (Cut chilly in to two parts).
4. Let mustard seeds splutter.
5. Add curry leaves and fry. Add ground nuts and fry till they turn golden brown.
6. Add turmeric powder and mix it. Add roasted chenna
7. Add cleaned Puri. Add chilly powder on the top.
8. Add 1 teaspoon of oil on the top and mix it slowly. Put off the gas.
9. Sprinkle very little salt on the top and mix it again
10 Add dry coconut pieces and serve crispy mandakki .
Note :It is always better to use fresh Puffed rice/Mandakki/puri. If the puri turns soft, you need to bring back the crispness in it. Put plain puffed rice and keep it on low flame. Stir once in a while. Let it be there on sim flame for at least 5 minutes. Then put off the fire and leave the puri in that hot pan.
Then you can add it to the ready ingredients and mix it.
Adding any spicy is optional. You can just eat them as they are. It is nice and home made. You can also add onions and grated carrots. But it turns soft within few seconds.
It is nice to carry it for long journeys and outings .
Time : 10 Minutes
Serves : According to servings.